Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,881

2 members and 2,879 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Requesting for GHI PASTEL photo boom

Hi guys, do you mind showing off your GHI Pastel photo ? I want to get 1, but wish to have a look of other GHI Pastel before I decide to get it.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Requesting for GHI PASTEL photo boom

Quote Originally Posted by Hannya View Post
    Hi guys, do you mind showing off your GHI Pastel photo ? I want to get 1, but wish to have a look of other GHI Pastel before I decide to get it.

Thanks

above are the photos of the GHI Pastel that i want to get, any thought of it? high/medium/low quality? sorry for the bad photo quality, the snake is currently in deep shed

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    The GHI looks really high quality as far as pattern goes, especially all the speckling in the side pattern, but the lighting in these photos isn't great so it's hard to tell how the colors look. The Pastel looks pretty "low quality" as far as blushing goes but it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish, sometimes that is a good thing. Hard to say for sure, but both seem to be doing a really strong job turning the side pattern into rectangles, but it could be one or the other doing it exceptionally well.

I'd certainly be willing to pay above average price for this one if working towards a really dark project. Couldn't tell you if I was going for a high contrast one with bright side pattern without better pics. Given you are going for GHI Mojave, it's probably a stellar choice to get really rich black with reduced side pattern.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Lord Sorril (08-29-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    The GHI looks really high quality as far as pattern goes, especially all the speckling in the side pattern, but the lighting in these photos isn't great so it's hard to tell how the colors look. The Pastel looks pretty "low quality" as far as blushing goes but it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish, sometimes that is a good thing. Hard to say for sure, but both seem to be doing a really strong job turning the side pattern into rectangles, but it could be one or the other doing it exceptionally well.

I'd certainly be willing to pay above average price for this one if working towards a really dark project. Couldn't tell you if I was going for a high contrast one with bright side pattern without better pics. Given you are going for GHI Mojave, it's probably a stellar choice to get really rich black with reduced side pattern.
    The first photo is the snake just hatched out from egg, the rest are the snake in deep shed, thats why looks so dull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hannya View Post
    The first photo is the snake just hatched out from egg, the rest are the snake in deep shed, thats why looks so dull
    That is contributing but if you compare the white surface to true white, or the black pole in the background to true black, you will see the colors are really dull in general.

Thanks

That is contributing but if you compare the white surface to true white, or the black pole in the background to true black, you will see the colors are really dull in general.
    Its ok, my friend. So, in your opinion, this GHI PAstel most probably will make high quality GHI Mojave baby? because i had searched quite a lot of photos and videos about GHI Pastel, i found most of the snakes has large irregular keyhole in the irregular alienhead, thats why i wondering, is this snake has the quality ?

Thanks
    The way GHI creates speckles or a dirty look around the keyhole (which this one has strongly) will help exaggerate the larger looking holes you see in GHI Mojave.

Thanks

The way GHI creates speckles or a dirty look around the keyhole (which this one has strongly) will help exaggerate the larger looking holes you see in GHI Mojave.

but i thought the holes at the side in GHI Mojave should be as blush out as possible ? best if no hole at all?

Thanks
    Well, the holes do blush out. The larger the holes on the Mojave, and the more speckling in the GHI, the better they are going to blush out I think, though the way Mojave cleans up the color on the lower half helps some too.

Thanks

Well, the holes do blush out. The larger the holes on the Mojave, and the more speckling in the GHI, the better they are going to blush out I think, though the way Mojave cleans up the color on the lower half helps some too.
    ohhhh, learnt new things from you, thank you, my friend