Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,827

0 members and 2,827 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Help on a hatchling ID !

I paired a Lesser YB Female with my Pastel Spotnose het Clown male.... I have some questions on a couple of the 9 that hatched, but I feel like this one is really pretty and unique. I think it has all 4 genes but I was hoping someone could verify it does or clarify it does not with some experienced eyes on it. Let me know what you think it has.. My best guess is Lesser Pastel Spotnose YB 50% het clown.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Pretty certain you are correct that it's all 4 plus possible het for Clown. Really gorgeous.

Lesser and Pastel beyond a shadow of a doubt. If one of the 4 morphs were missing, it should be brighter yellow (especially if Spotnose was missing) and have a lot less blushing. Some of the Lesser Pastel Spotnose I'm seeing are pretty pale yellow, but not quite as much as this one, and they don't have anywhere close to as much blushing.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

WiscoBalls (08-27-2021)

Thanks

Re: Help on a hatchling ID !

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Pretty certain you are correct that it's all 4 plus possible het for Clown. Really gorgeous.

Lesser and Pastel beyond a shadow of a doubt. If one of the 4 morphs were missing, it should be brighter yellow (especially if Spotnose was missing) and have a lot less blushing. Some of the Lesser Pastel Spotnose I'm seeing are pretty pale yellow, but not quite as much as this one, and they don't have anywhere close to as much blushing.
    She (we are hoping as we are going to let them chill and eat before we probe) is really pretty ! I really appreciate you taking a look and helping verify my suspicions. The information you added in your explanation is super helpful too. I worked my way through 9 looking closely at each and working out their combos in my head and got two similar to this girl. I am in the air on a couple other as I am no expert in identification and pretty new to all this. This sibling should be Pastel Spotnose YB ? The lesser didn't affect the pattern as much and left more back stripe alone ?

Thanks

The "lack" of lesser is what I meant in the last sentence.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    I think you are correct on that one as well. YB is really easy to see on that one from the glimpse of the belly I see because Lesser isn't pulling the batter up away from the belly. It's a bit more pale than I would expect that combo to be, but I think something in your line just really lightens the yellows because the other one was even paler.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

WiscoBalls (08-30-2021)

Thanks

Thank you again. The parents are really pretty animals but nothing odd or out of the ordinary in their appearances. The hatchlings all came out with heavy blushing and like you said really washed yellows. I am not sure where that came from but I do wonder if being het clown wouldn't have affected a couple of these. I know there is no proven visual change specifically for "het clown" but I feel like there is some really wonky color palette and pattern on these little ones.

Second shed now and some of the yellows are really popping, I think I got lucky with a wonderful batch.

Once again,, appreciate your thoughts on these two..

Happy breeding !