Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,807

0 members and 2,807 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Morph Verification Help, Please?

Hi, I recently hatched out a clutch and I'm no pro at morph ID just yet. Doubt I ever will be, but I am always open to learning and like to know how to ID morphs if I can. But, anyway, to the point. I had a couple that I was wondering about some verification on the morphs since I have some guesses, but not 100% certain. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Pairing was a Pastel Sulfur Calico Mojave x Pastel Vanilla

#3 I am thinking pastel vanilla maybe?

#5 appears almost like a lot of the super pastel vanillas I look up, so that's my guess there.

But again, asking for verification here for a reason, so any help is much appreciated. And if possible, maybe point out how you know, as it'd help me a ton for future ID work.

Head for #3

Head for #5

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    I'm no expert at Sulfur or Vanilla but they look Pastel Sulfur and Super Pastel Sulfur to me more than Pastel Vanilla and Super Pastel Vanilla. Have they had their first shed yet? Might help to wait just a bit to get a better idea of colors. The Pastel and Super Pastel part are correct and I don't see Mojave or Calico in there. They have to have either Sulfur or Vanilla since the parent had both and those are allelic.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks
    Gotcha. They're going through first sheds now, so I'll post some pics once they do. Usually the sulfur combos with each that I looked up were a bit too yellow compared to these two, but I know it can vary snake to snake.

Thanks
    Some pics of them well after shed, mostly since I forgot to get some more until now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    They seem to have colored up a little bit more but maybe not as much as Sulfur should. You might be right about them being Vanilla. Hoping someone with more experience with those morphs can comment.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks
    Yeah, Sulfur always appears very, very rich and yellow in the comparison pics I've searched up. So I'm definitely leaning on vanilla here, but like you, waiting for more experienced input on the matter.