Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,310

3 members and 3,307 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freshly Shed...

Thanks

Freshly Shed...

My wonderful het hypo girl just shed today so I decided to snap some pics. She is the ONLY one of my ball pythons that is eating at the moment....probably because she is from Maryland Today, she weighed in at 464 grams after her perfect shed and poop. And right after her picture session, she downed 3 small adult mice (about 16-17 grams each). Now if I can just get the others to eat

The first pic is without flash and the second one is with flash.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

VP of Cool
    Thanks

Re: Freshly Shed...

The first pic is really cute
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks

Wow! :eek: She's getting big!! All of my babies are still eating real well, but I have one female who is such a picky little witch. So I feel your pain. Do you sit and try talking them into eating? C'mon now you know you want this yummy little rodent. It's good for you. All your friends are doing it! (she's driven me insane )
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Yep...she is getting big. She is always looking for more food and I could easily feed her 5-6 small mice a sitting if I wanted....but I don't want a fat baby and she is growing just fine with 3 small mice a week.

Nope, I have never tried talking with them to get them to eat....maybe I should

Odin just started refusing meals last week...so I have a few tricks to try to get him back eating And I have just given up on Thor and Sif....they will eat when the decide they want to...all I can do is offer. Sif was such a monster feeder....but once she hit 1200 grams......everything went downhill. Thor just has one thing on his mind right now....and it ain't food
    -Daniel Hill

Thanks

that het hypo girl looks great! and seems to be growing nicely. i've had a couple of girls this year that got up to a little more than 1000 grams and then started to become "picky" they snapped out of it a couple months later.

vaughn

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

wow shes really cute. my male hasnt eaten for 2 months and 14 days. thats only one snake and im stressed out, i cant imagine how you feel. lol, and i think zulu has the same thing on his mind as Thor!
    -marshall

Thanks

Actually, I am not stressed about their refusal to eat...the 'winter fast' has been one of those things that I have read about since I got into bps and now I am getting to experience it...I have tried all the tricks and learned alot.....so just another experience under my belt.....and to tell you the truth it has been kinda nice not having to go buy extra mice because I don't have enough and my supply in the freezer is steadily growing Like I said, they will eat when they want to eat...no point in me stressing out over something like a few skipped meals...after all, I love caring for reptiles because they relieve stress....so they should not create more of it by causing me to worry, right?
    -Daniel Hill

Thanks

Oh she's gorgeous Daniel! Amazing the difference a flash makes though in color!

We have a few fasting here too. Only Brannagh and Malachi ate last week but then I swear Big Mz B would eat if hell froze over and Malachi probably got a talking to about being a good eater before Adam shipped him here LOL. The rest are being picky but I'm not fretting either. They are all in top shape, other than Saoirse but she's at 900 grams so a big gain for her prior to this fast (I'm going to worry about that girl till she's back to her proper weight though, I just can't help it LOL).

Like you I figure they'll eat when they are good and ready to and since we've gone back to live feeds it's no big deal to just pop the lucky rat back into the feeder tub till next week.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Daniel1983 you feed 3 mice a week to your bp? Is that a lot? I've been only feeding 1 time a week. Am I starving my bp?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hijack your thread, Daniel, but on the topic of fasting - Kashmire is headed into his third week of fasting (glad I'm not the only one). His temps and humidity are spot on. I "thought" I read somewhere that you should reduce the handling sessions when fasting to reduce stress. Have any of you experiencing fasts been cutting back on handling sessions? I'm trying not to handle Kashmire at all. Just wondered about the rest of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast