Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,031

3 members and 3,028 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,740 Times in 11,797 Posts

Re: Newbie That just needs some advice about how to progress with a stubborn eater

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    Boger raided the extended emotes section again I see. ...
    There was nothing that prevented you...
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Re: Newbie That just needs some advice about how to progress with a stubborn eater

Thank you so much ziggy appreciated all your kind words!!!

Thanks

Sorry, I didn't respond sooner been swamped with physics and engineering work but thank you all again for all the help!!!! So I would like to replace the paper towels inside of his enclosure soon should I wait till he eats again or just does it I plan to feed him on Tuesday?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skreetboy View Post
    Sorry, I didn't respond sooner been swamped with physics and engineering work but thank you all again for all the help!!!! So I would like to replace the paper towels inside of his enclosure soon should I wait till he eats again or just does it I plan to feed him on Tuesday?
    What bedding were you planning on switching to? I normally spot clean and change water for all my snakes 2 days before feeding so I give them plenty of time by themselves before I offer food. I use both paper towel and cocoblox for my snakes and I’ve also used unprinted newspaper in the past so use whats best and most comfortable for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not" -Kurt Cobain

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Snow Balls For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-28-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,740 Times in 11,797 Posts
    I agree with Snow Balls ^ ^ ^ You want your snake feeling safe (ie. no changes) & focused on hunger whenever you feed them, so right before a meal is not the time to make any changes, or handle.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

sounds good ill feed him again and then 48+ hours after ill clean his whole enclosure

8. The Following User Says Thank You to skreetboy For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-29-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Balls View Post
    I use both paper towel and cocoblox for my snakes and I’ve also used unprinted newspaper in the past so use whats best and most comfortable for you
    I have only ever used a decent quality artificial grass for both my BP's and leopard geckos. Cur to size pieces so when I do a deeper clean, I can just roll up the dirty piece, clean as necessary and unroll the fresh, clean piece into place.

It's easy to clean as well. I have used a washing machine with it, but you do tend to fill the machine with little, loose bits of fake grass - I'll also use a hot shower and F10!

Easy to clean, quick to replace.
    I'll probably forget by the time you've read this...

Thanks

Hello, I'm back but don't worry I just wanna give you guys an update!
    He has eaten for me 5 times now consistently after the 3d time I started with minimal handling and he's great and a very curious little guy. He has such a strong food response now. I always remove the water bowl the morning of the feeding and at night time he is ready and as soon as I let the mouse touch the floor of the enclosure he gets it. thanks again to everyone who helped me out. I'm gonna post pics after the next time I hold him.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skreetboy For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-22-2021),EL-Ziggy (09-22-2021),Hugsplox (09-23-2021),Snow Balls (09-22-2021)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345