Quote Originally Posted by aminevoo View Post
I completely agree about prioritizing the animal’s needs over what’s convenient for us. What I meant by “the paper towel works for me personally” is that so far it’s been meeting the needs of the circumstance the snake and I are in (high humidity) compared to other people in other parts of the US who may live in much lower humidity areas. Not that I have an attachment to paper towels or aspen is too much of a hassle for me haha. Just a few days ago it was literally 90% humidity outside, and it’s usually in the mid 60% to upper 80% humidity outside in general. While doing my research on ball python care before I got him, I read that it’s possible to house your snake on paper towel or paper substrates their whole lives without them suffering or dealing with any issues as long as all their other needs are met. I’m not against aspen though, I just read numerous experienced (at least more experienced than me lol) ball python keepers not recommending aspen before which made me reconsider using it. I’m also aware that many keepers have been using aspen for years with no problems and highly recommend it, so I’ll honestly probably switch sooner than later and make sure the humidity stays in a good range.
Everything is worth a shot, I'm glad you didn't take that to heart, I had worried thi was too harsh lol. I'm happy you're open to change. The one thing I forgot to address mold, I've also never experienced that either and my snakes are on it for a solid month with spot cleaning.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk