Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 964

4 members and 960 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

I think my BP is broken !

Hello everyone! Someone please give me some advise I got my first BP a few months ago it was a gift for Mother’s Day he is almost 3 years old and by all honesty he is in the skinny side I been told he was eating just a medium mouse every month so as a new mom I did my research all over the internet, ever since he is been eating a weaner rat every 7 to 10 days never missed a meal in fact he is always looking for more food anyway I builded a nice home for him I went all out, I got him a 60 gallons 30x24x18 tank I made a wall resembling a stone wall in nature but with a little twist.. since I am an orchid lover I decided to make a semi vivarium, this tank has a warm side an cool side once that’s been said I have to mention that the wall I builded has some pot holders intended to hold my orchids, then here is with my dilemma started for some strange reason he won’t go on his hide or warm side anymore he did it in the beginning but not anymore, he goes on the actual top of the wall since there is a little gap where he fits or better say where he sits for hours or he goes inside the pot holders half of his body in one holder and half inside the other I am worry he is not looking for warmth ??? Also BP aren’t they supposed to be terrestrials why is he so high up? Is this normal ? You can check the video and see it ! Also is note worthy to mention that my bp ( is name is Bob) and his name is Bob because the letters B O B are literally on his skin pattern. Please feel free to comment.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    It may be that the hide you provided him with is too big and these pot holders make him feel more secure. You might try putting something about that size over his hot spot and see if he will use it. They can climb, and will if the floor doesn't provide them what they need, or to try and escape. Aside from trying a smaller hide, you might also try cluttering up the ground a bit more if it isn't already. 60g is pretty big for a BP on weaned rats, if that is indeed the correct size, which is fine if it's filled with hiding spots, but if it's really bare it can be really intimidating.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose