Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,838

1 members and 2,837 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts
    Another factor to consider this time of year is the location of the vendor to decrease the chance of the feeders thawing during transit. If you're on the west coast then Layne Labs may be your best bet.

As an example I order feeder piglets for my larger snakes but the seller is in California. Even though the pigs are frozen, wrapped, and shipped in a well-insulated box with dry ice, since they take 5-6 days to arrive the pigs would likely thaw by the time the land on my doorstep if I placed an order today. So, I try to place a huge order in April and then I don't have to order again until October.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-25-2021),jmcrook (07-24-2021)

Banned
    Thanks

Re: coldbloodedcafe OR rodentpro

Quote Originally Posted by Charles8088 View Post
    It's funny. I have 3 snakes now, with a 4th coming in the week ahead. It obviously makes sense to buy online, if you can store and use the quantity. But... even when I only had one snake, with the cost of what these feeders are in a local pet store, it actually still cost less to buy a pack online, and store in the freezer, and then throw out leftovers if I had them over a year. A waste yes, but still cheaper. I was lucky enough, though, that I was able to pick up feeder packs at a show every so often. The local prices here range from the smaller rats being about $3 each to the larger being anywhere from $10-$15 each.

In previous times, I've posted to see if anyone living close enough to me were willing to go in with me on a purchase, to share shipping cost, but never had a bite.
    after looking at the prices and shipping cost, CBC is still better price for shipping cost, plus they have an I.G page and not afraid to show how they produce & house & feed there rats/mice looks clean all around. I will never have your problem lol, my local pet store, the owner i sell the geckos to , She buys EVERYTHING OFF YOU, from left over feeders to use tanks to use hides, water dishes, you name it. over all its good cause then im never stuck with nothing. i can sell or trade for store credit my choice..

Now how do i tell if a mouse is frozen burn from my freezer? cause i never even seen a frozen burn rat or anything... i would hate to buy a 25pk and my freezer [messes] it up....
    Last edited by mlededee; 07-25-2021 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Language

Banned
    Thanks

Re: coldbloodedcafe OR rodentpro

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Another factor to consider this time of year is the location of the vendor to decrease the chance of the feeders thawing during transit. If you're on the west coast then Layne Labs may be your best bet.

As an example I order feeder piglets for my larger snakes but the seller is in California. Even though the pigs are frozen, wrapped, and shipped in a well-insulated box with dry ice, since they take 5-6 days to arrive the pigs would likely thaw by the time the land on my doorstep if I placed an order today. So, I try to place a huge order in April and then I don't have to order again until October.
    i wanna see you feed this snake a lil pig ...
    I live on west cost, PNW rodent pro seems to be the cheapest all around, But i am going to go with CBC i need to get a 25pk of rat pups.....
    Last edited by mlededee; 07-25-2021 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Language

Banned
    Thanks
    I just notice Big Cheese is the same price in what i need, with the same with CBC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12