Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,979

0 members and 2,979 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: I just got my first ball python!

Quote Originally Posted by dee151 View Post
    I like him, he is cute , hell ya
    Thank you! I love him so much, I’m obsessed! He comes out at midnight, knocks over his thermometers, then explores all over, drinks some water, hides some, then repeats. He did that at night then one day he slept on his cool side and then today he slept in his hot hide. Seems to be pretty happy with his new home. I’m going to attempt to feed him on Monday. He’s 160 grams and I got rat pups for him. I have sprayed his enclosure twice and he pooped his head out to watch too . I hope he eats and can’t wait to handle him. The breeder told me he was one of the nicer ones from the clutch and sent me an itinerary of his sheds, weights, and feedings. He was eating every 4 days and never missed a meal eating
    F/T. Hope he eats good for me too! How’s your new snake doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts
    A nugget of wisdom from my own experience. Don't get worried if after the first few days he stops being as exploratory (including at night). Mine went all over the place just as yours is doing for about a week until he settled down and now rarely does much. Right now your snake is getting a feel as to just where he is. Once things become familiar and he grows comfortable in his new home chances are his behavior will slow down. Not a hard-fast rule of course, every BP is different and you may just have a perpetually energetic and adventurous individual, but it's nonetheless something to keep in mind.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

EthanMG (07-23-2021)

Thanks
    Love Bamboos. Pretty snake!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinityblood For This Useful Post:

EthanMG (07-23-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trinityblood View Post
    Love Bamboos. Pretty snake!
    Thanks I love him to death!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    A nugget of wisdom from my own experience. Don't get worried if after the first few days he stops being as exploratory (including at night). Mine went all over the place just as yours is doing for about a week until he settled down and now rarely does much. Right now your snake is getting a feel as to just where he is. Once things become familiar and he grows comfortable in his new home chances are his behavior will slow down. Not a hard-fast rule of course, every BP is different and you may just have a perpetually energetic and adventurous individual, but it's nonetheless something to keep in mind.
    Thanks that’s good to know. Something else I’ve realized is that he loves his water bowl. So far during the day he’s always in his hot hide, but at night the fist thing he always does is come get a drink of water, then continue to look around, then goes back to hos water. He goes to his water multiple times a night. Is that normal or is it something I should worry about? My cool side is 77-80 and my hot side is 85 on the surface and 89-90 on the glass. My humidity is 50-65%. All my husbandry seems right and most people say they never see their snakes drink. That’s why I’ve been kind of concerned because I’ve had him for three days and already seen him at his water bowl at least 6 times.

Thanks

I have one that is always drinking water, I personally think she is playing in it.. She seems to like to blow bubbles, dunks her whole head in.. When she is out at night she is always near it, playing in it and drinking.. As for my other 4 I can honestly say I have never seen them drink water.. I wouldn't worry to much just make sure there is always water in the bowl...
    0.1 Pastave het Clown - Masquerade
    1.0 Onyx - Voivod
    0.1 Super Pastel Butter G-Stripe - Phobia
    1.0 Axanthic het G-Stripe - Dusk
    0.1 Normal het Axanthic - Dawn
    1.0 Pastel Axanthic - Jasper

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Auntie_Moe For This Useful Post:

EthanMG (07-26-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie_Moe View Post
    I have one that is always drinking water, I personally think she is playing in it.. She seems to like to blow bubbles, dunks her whole head in.. When she is out at night she is always near it, playing in it and drinking.. As for my other 4 I can honestly say I have never seen them drink water.. I wouldn't worry to much just make sure there is always water in the bowl...
    Alright thanks, that’s good to know. Mine isn’t blowing bubbles like yours (lol ), but he just spends some decent time in it drinking from it or by it. My humidity is at about 55-60% and he’s a baby so maybe it’s a little to low, other that that, I think he is just playing. Especially because all day every day he spends his time in his hot hide, which means that he’s not in his water to cool off. I’m attempting his first feeding at my home tonight. I have his rat pup in the fridge thawing right now! Can’t wait

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12