Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,507

1 members and 1,506 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Pairings for these BPs

I have a female specter and a male banana pastel. Wanted to get some thoughts on some pairings with these. Just trying to get some ideas on a project. TIA.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Banana Specter and Banana Pastel Specter are nice looking so it's not a bad pairing. If I were you I would try to find a female with enchi + some other YB complex morph (Asphalt or Gravel would give you the best pattern probably), and another female with a darkening gene like mahogany, black pastel, or cinnamon; then breed him to all three. You could work towards different YB acts-like-super combos with banana enchi, they are really gorgeous. Banana + darkening genes look amazing too and could be a bit of an offshoot project.

You have to have a morphmarket account signed in to see this link but check out these gorgeous pics of what you could be working towards, they don't have enchi, but enchi would take it to the next level. https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/rep...-pythons/90296
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

JDrum (07-18-2021)

Thanks

Re: Pairings for these BPs

Thanks for the advice! A lot of good pairings there. I have a morph market acct, and all three of those in that listing were killer. I really liked that cinnamon freeway!
    1.0 Banana Pastel
    0.1 Specter

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JDrum For This Useful Post:

nikkubus (07-18-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Yeah I love those. Specter/Asphalt combo looks a little bit different than a Freeway but I would argue even better because you get a lot of the same coloration with a bit more side pattern. The YB morph itself is just a lot more powerful at eating up the side pattern when in super form with itself or another YB complex morph, where Specter is more intermediate between that and Asphalt. If you really like the clean sides and strong dorsal striping, then Superstripe (Specter/YB) is what I would aim for. It's a matter of preference, but Asphalt combos sell for a lot more.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose