Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,001

3 members and 2,998 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Fully Enclosed Snake Racks?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekerk View Post
    Been thinking about something similar my self and was thinking. Of making something using the pax wardrobe system, if I get round to it I may draw something up on cad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you draw something up please post it here. I'd love to see other ideas. Mine was basic envisioning for what I had in mind. Also should be a fun project. I saw one guy also for the bottom where the rack sits he built it on am installation box so the bottom rack wasn't sitting on the floor. I plan to do the same. If I can find the page I will post it.

Thanks
    Back again but this time with an update. I have pretty much built the "enclosure" for my snake rack. but i may need some modifications and would like some advice on heater source as well . Its very large and measures 50 long in the front 48 in tall and 48 inch wide. its pretty big and I'm not sure if i like the look of something that big in my living room and also it may not even fit in the door when moving from my garage. ideally to the left of the rack is where I was gonna put a small electrical heater such as this one

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

but i am wondering if this enclosure would need to be that large in order to use an electric heater this size. (I'm worried that it wouldn't have enough space if i reduced the size of the length. maybe from 50 to 40 or 36 inches. fire hazard concerns, but would be on a t stat regardless.)

if i reduce the size and use a RHP such as one of these https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/457-...nt-heat-panels would it produce enough heat to get the temp inside of the structure to 75 degrees or so? the rack has heat 3 inch heat tape installed also for belly heat. all heating sources will be on a t stat

here are some pictures

as you can see there are some gaps between the pallet boards. i did this on purpose for air flow, but i am not sure if it was really needed cause its not an airtight container, i guess i was just paranoid. but can be fixed depending on what others think.

I wanted everyone to see the progress so far, im ready for this thing to get in position. it will have casters on the bottom but they only had 2 at lowes. I can install them later . should i reduce the size of this thing and use an RHP? or do you think i can get away with the electric heater idea ( i think it would be more heat efficient for this but im not sure)

thanks everyone!

Thanks

also would a Ceramic heating element be a good idea to put to the right of the rack to keep it toasty in there? on a tstat of course.

also i now realize that there is a caging section on this forum, i think that this thread would have been better suited there.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greg.s View Post
    ...also i now realize that there is a caging section on this forum, i think that this thread would have been better suited there.
    Hint taken- I agree. This is now in the Caging Forum.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bogertophis View Post
    hint taken- i agree. This is now in the caging forum.
    thanks so much!
    Last edited by greg.s; 11-08-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks

Found this on amazon. i just want to keep the ambient temps up inside the tubs. RHPs are costly and IDK if they will do what i need for this. seems like this would put out more heat and would be cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Flukers-Repta...s%2C144&sr=8-7

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123