Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,730

1 members and 2,729 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Wanting to switch terrariums- glass is a little much

I have the Focus top for my 36x18 Exo with the 10x10 screen for my enclosure.
    It does work much better then the full screen covered in foil.
    I did still use foil for the screen but I cut out a circle for my heat lamp and CHE.
    I have three sides covered with the Exo backgrounds, but having a glass enclosure is always going to have issues with humidity.
    If you are getting the solid top without the screen I would ask them if you can install a RHP on it.
    I hope that helps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pinaf413 For This Useful Post:

Gocntry (07-09-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinaf413 View Post
    ......If you are getting the solid top without the screen I would ask them if you can install a RHP on it.
    I hope that helps.
    I have 2 solid tops and a top with the screen coming, that was my future plan to install a small RHP on it.

I figured a 28w or 40w from Reptile Basics should keep good ambient temps in the winter. Won't need it in the summer

It's made out of the same stuff as an AP Cage so I don't see a problem doing it.

Thanks

They are very nice solid tops. I don't have a PVC enclosure to compare it too though.
    Please let us know how it works out with the RHP and humidity because I would get another one too.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    I have some of these on order https://focuscubedhabitats.com/produ...lacement-tops/ for my 3 Exo-Terra's

Might help a lot with keeping humidity / heat in instead of the screen tops (I have foil on them). Should have them on Friday.

This might help without changing enclosures, I also have some AP (Animal Plastics) Enclosures on order but don't have them yet.

Gocntry Every since you posted this link up, i am really thinking of buying one of these 4x2x2 cages, I like that Leds they use much better and it has a dimmer. there boxes are nice

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dee151 View Post
    Gocntry Every since you posted this link up, i am really thinking of buying one of these 4x2x2 cages, I like that Leds they use much better and it has a dimmer. there boxes are nice
    I did receive the Focus tops for my Exo-Terra enclosures, They are nicely made and fit perfectly.

But with that, I dont have a Focus or an AP enclosure in my hands to compare, just the pricing below (to compare pricing)

The Focus 4x2x2 with locking polycarbonate sliding doors, Led's, and rear shelf shipped is coming up $681.00

AP Cages 4x2x2 with locking sliding Glass doors, blue led's, basking shelf and belly heat shipped is coming up $542.00

My 5x2x2's I ordered with Locking glass doors, blue led's, basking shelf and belly heat were $639.00 shipped

Focus is saying 15-20 weeks shipping, AP told me 26 weeks for my May and June order (ordered 1 a month as finances allowed)

Banned
    Thanks

I did receive the Focus tops for my Exo-Terra enclosures, They are nicely made and fit perfectly.

But with that, I dont have a Focus or an AP enclosure in my hands to compare, just the pricing below (to compare pricing)

The Focus 4x2x2 with locking polycarbonate sliding doors, Led's, and rear shelf shipped is coming up $681.00

AP Cages 4x2x2 with locking sliding Glass doors, blue led's, basking shelf and belly heat shipped is coming up $542.00

My 5x2x2's I ordered with Locking glass doors, blue led's, basking shelf and belly heat were $639.00 shipped

Focus is saying 15-20 weeks shipping, AP told me 26 weeks for my May and June order (ordered 1 a month as finances allowed)
    wen i play with the option i get 652$ for the 4x2x2 ratio.
    i would rater buy pro heat, and send it to them...
    i have no problem spending the extra money, Paypal pay leter 6 months Boom thats the way to go...
    So U got 2 AP cages on the way?

Thanks

wen i play with the option i get 652$ for the 4x2x2 ratio.
    i would rater buy pro heat, and send it to them...
    i have no problem spending the extra money, Paypal pay leter 6 months Boom thats the way to go...
    So U got 2 AP cages on the way?
    Yes I have 2 AP 5x2x2 enclosures ordered and will order a third at the end of the month,

Then Sicle (corn snake), Cheyenne (Boa) and The UnNamed One (Carpet Python) will be in the bigger 5' enclosures.

and I'll have Bean, Bitey and Eggroll the BP's will be in 36x18 Exo-Terra enclosures. The egg eater will be in a 20 gallon (he's small)

The AP's will be in a 3 stack, The Exo's in a stack on shelving and the 20 gal on an aquarium stand. Then the snake room will be almost full

as my daughter has her BP, Hal that will be in there too.

Banned
    Thanks

The 36x18 for the ball python? Exo is that the one you order the pvc top for? Would like to know how it does with humidity

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Thanks

The 36x18 for the ball python? Exo is that the one you order the pvc top for? Would like to know how it does with humidity

Pics are in this thread https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...06#post2759906

Right now my Ecobee (main house thermostat) says 49% humidity in the house, in the one Exo with the solid top reading 62% humidity and in the Exo with the

screen insert saying 55% humidity, Not much difference than with the screen blocked with foil, But let's see after a day or so what happens.

p.s. I don't mist just water bowls in there, with Aspen in the screen inset Exo and Repti Bark in the solid top Exo

Banned
    Thanks

Pics are in this thread https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...06#post2759906

Right now my Ecobee (main house thermostat) says 49% humidity in the house, in the one Exo with the solid top reading 62% humidity and in the Exo with the

screen insert saying 55% humidity, Not much difference than with the screen blocked with foil, But let's see after a day or so what happens.

p.s. I don't mist just water bowls in there, with Aspen in the screen inset Exo and Repti Bark in the solid top Exo
    keep up dated, I'm interested in this information, You should make a thread, so I'm not bumping this one up all the time....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast