Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,837

1 members and 2,836 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

My 4 BPs: Progression Thread

Hi there. Members of this forum have helped me a lot with questions regarding husbandry and morphs, especially: Bogertophis, Nikkubus, and bcr229. I figure the least I could do is let you guys see my snakes and how they grow form here on out. My BPs are all females and roughly the same age and they are going to be 1 yo at the of the year. So, the progression pics will continue annually from then. Pics of BP1 and BP2 were just taken and for now, for BP3 and BP4, since I just got them not long ago and no changes have occured since I got them, I figure I would just put the photos from the sellers.

BP1: Pastel Yellowbelly, female, 7 months old, 290 g
    I had always wanted a pet but I was used to being a lone wolf kind of guy and I like to take vacations, I thought the idea of having a pet was not practical. That was until a random reptile expo came around and these snakes eat once a week? I was pleasantly surprised and since I have always loved reptiles I bought my first BP for around 200 US dollars. I didnt know anything about morphs and genes at the time, just bought her because she looked nice and just caught my attention instantly.

BP2: Pastel Mojave (Pastave) GHI, female, 7 months old, 320 g
    Now, the second time around, I had already learned everything about husbandry from this forum and memorized morphs and genes from the internet and I specifically wanted a BP with GHI in it. I found this girl.

BP3: Pastel Pied Paradox, female, 4 months old, 130 grams
    I was lucky to find this girl on Indonesia's equivalent of morphmarket, the original breeder is very young, inexperienced and pretty shady. He probably thought the girl wouldnt eat and was sick and sold her super cheap to another seller, and the seller sold it to me. You wouldnt believe how cheap I got something this beautiful. The truth is, she is not a picky eater, but a shy eater. She would never strike a prey, but if I leave a rodent with her in a closed and very small space with the rodent, then cover said space with total darkness, she would eat as frequently as the other BPs

Last but not least, BP4: Bamboo Enchi Fire Pinstripe, possible Paradox?, female, 7 months old, 170 grams
    It is not apparent from the pic, but she is severely underfed, 7 months old and still on 10-gram mice. The most frail-looking BP I have ever seen. I fed her straight away, there was no way I would wait 2 weeks for her to settle. Also she has 3 adjacent scales that are orange even though the rest of her body is gold. If it were bite marks, it would be white discolored scales or missing scales completely. If it were burn marks, it would be red. If it were paradox, probably black. But this girl got 3 adjacent orange scales? The breeder was hesitant to call it paradox, he said it was because the word is often misused and vague, but BPs from the same clutch also have the same out-of-place colors. Lets just see what happens after a few sheds

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JAGpenguin For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (06-29-2021),Hugsplox (06-29-2021),nikkubus (06-29-2021),Trinityblood (06-29-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    They are all very beautiful! I hope you have good luck with #1 staying nice and bright, and YB should help with that. GHI and Bamboo are morphs I would really like to get into my collection soon, very cool, and think the specific combos you got them in show them off very well.

Your pied paradox is really neat! It's a shame the breeder was so shady but hopefully she is nice and healthy. I've got some shy eaters too, and there is nothing wrong with that.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

JAGpenguin (06-29-2021)

Thanks
    I'm not usually a pied person but wow I love how the colors look like they're splashed on all over and the stripe effect.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinityblood For This Useful Post:

JAGpenguin (06-29-2021)

Thanks
    @Nikkubus yeah, i am really hoping the yellow would stick with BP1. My biggest concern right now is BP4, she is so skinny and as small as the 4-month-old BP3. I hope her growth will not be hindered now that I am giving properly sized meals.
    @Trinityblood same here. I honestly was done with pieds, thought they all look the same, I got one before this girl but sold it not long after purchase. But this BP3 really got my attention. 1 pied is enough for me, and this is the one