Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,201

1 members and 3,200 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Funny feeding story

Brannagh and Orlah our big females live in tubs beside each other on the same table. Their tubs are not close though...at least 8 inches between the big ladies. Last night we were live feeding them. Mike was monitoring Brann, I was watching over Orlah. Everything is going pretty much as usual. Big B had immediately nailed her rat and stuffed it down as fast as snakily possible and Miss Orlah was being her usual more delicate feeder. Mike had Brannagh's tub lid off as she was stretching up high to finish her rat, Orlah's lid was on as she was still hunting hers.

Silly piggy Brannagh just barely gets her rat down, for heaven's sakes she hadn't even adjusted her jaws when she obviously spied Orlah's rat still alive and kicking. Well off she goes, saggy jaws, fully belly and all....slowly slithering out of her tank trying to get over to Orlah's tank and that yummy rat inside it! Good lord there is no way Brannagh could have been hungry still LOL.

We were laughing so hard at her determined efforts to go steal Orlah's dinner. Mike moved Brannagh back gently to her tub and locked her in. I swear if a snake could look pouty and generally ticked off that her evil little plan was foiled...that would have been Mz B last night LMAO!

What a turd that snake can be but ohhhhhhhhh what an eater!

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Re: Funny feeding story

funny story, thanks for sharing! Last night, My BP was still in its tub while I applied a little heat to the head of a mouse via hair dryer. I guess the scent wafted into his cage too because he started going nuts in there, he actually looked my way and struck at the air....he sure does know when it is time to eat!
    1.0 BP; Sir Hiss (I have a cartoon problem)
    0.1 Blizzard Corn; Princess Fiona (Gaelic=white, fair)
    4.0 Yellow Labs; Drake, Goose, Mojo, Buddy
    1.1 Scarlet Macaws; Ace, Duece
    3.0 American Bison; Death, Danny, Bambi
    10.10 Race Horses (number changes a lot)

Thanks

Good heavens! Silly Brann. She's a greedy little thing. Isn't funny how we pay attention to the smallest things with our snakes, but sometimes miss the big picture elsewhere. I'm tired and feeling a bit loopy.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

We had a wierd feeding thing with Kyna ages ago. I had just opened her tub (she was still in quarantine in our bedroom at the time) in readiness for Mike to feed her. He walked in the door with a warmed f/t wean rat on the hemostats for her. He had to be at the very least 6 feet back and behind me. Kyna literally almost stood on her tail madly weaving her head trying to locate where that smell was coming from. Made me jump let me tell you LOL. She wasn't very big but geesh that's startling to have a quiet little bp suddenly up in your face like that. She then sort of lunged to my side as Mike came around me. I swear I was confusing her somewhat. She was smelling rat but only big stupid warm human was in the way! LOL. Needless to say that was an amazing feeding night for her! I'm still amazed she didn't tag me she was so excited about her rat!

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

lol that's great! Your snakies have such personality.

I have to watch out for my boy Harry (my burm) soon as that lid opens on feeding day, he's out nearly in my face if I'm not quick enough! He sure knows..

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Well, as long as we're sharing feeding stories...

I recently went on a trip to the deserts around Las Vegas and my wife was nice enough to take care of my snakes for me. She was feeding them on their regular feeding day, when it was my big girls turn (Maple). Maple is in the top bin of a 10 slot rack, so she's right at eye level. Well, my wife got the long hemostats out and dangled a nice, warm rat in her cage. Maple struck and missed. While my wife was trying to get her attention with the rat, Maple honed in on a nice warm mass which happened to be my wife's face. She LUNGED out at my wife with jaws open wide about 2 FEET out of the cage and came within about 6 inches of my her nose. Keep in mind that it wasn't too long ago that she could barely stay in the same room with a snake.

Well, she finally managed to get Maple to strike the rat, but now Maple was hanging out of her bin. So she had my son help her get another bin to get under Maple, in the mean time Maple is thinking that something weird is going on so she better squeeze the rat extra tight. This of course squeezed all sorts of unpleasant rat innards all over the place.

Maybe I should go on vacation more often.

Thanks

Oh my gawd! Go on vacation LMAO! I'm amazed your wife even let you back in the house.....hahahahahaha

We've had that jump out and strike thing with Brannagh a couple of times and other than it being just not fun, having to hoist a big snake with her prized rat in her coils back into her tub just ain't so much fun even for Mike and I! LOL

Oh thanks for the laugh!

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Hehe, I bet you wife won't even go near a snake anymore, at least that's how my mother is. The other day I was feeding Bauhamat, and I wanted to show my mom that it wasn't disgusting and that you can't hear bones crack when they squeeze their meal. Bauhamat decided that when I dangled the mouse in her cage that she'd strike the plump juice belly, rather that the head that she usually goes for. She sprayed pinkish mouse innards all over the side of the glass, 3-4 inches away from where she and the mouse were, and left some other parts on the bottom of her cage, and I wish I could've recorded the shriek that my mother let out, hehe, she won't even look at Bauhamat anymore.
    "Wookies were slaves because the Empire couldn't tame Ewoks. You'd try to get them to do something, and they'd just bark at ya and throw a stick."

0.0.1 Ball Python (Bauhamat)
    1 Adopted Mutt (Odie)
    0.1 Rat (Shroom)