Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,147

4 members and 1,143 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Ball python mouth a little extra watery...

Hi guys I hope everyone is doing well! I checked the sides of my ball pythons mouth and they seem a little extra watery. Sometimes I quickly pull down the sides of my ball pythons mouth to check and make sure it looks fine (she doesn't mind it and lets me do it quickly). If I see something that has me concerned I fully open the mouth to look further (she hates this so I don't do it much at all). When I checked the whole inside of her mouth however it looked clear other than a few tiny tiny bubbles in the back, but the sides seem extra watery.

There is no sounds when breathing, no bubbles other than a few tiny tiny ones, no open mouth breathing, no stargazing and she ate for me just fine a couple days ago so I don't think it's an RI but what do you guys think? She is going into a shed and spent lots of time in her water bowl but that was last night. I've kept the tank extra moist and the eco earth stays moist and holds humidity well. Let me know if this sounds concerning or this is caused by something else! Thank you so much!

Thanks

Re: Ball python mouth a little extra watery...

I don't know if this is important, but she pooped this morning and it was a bit watery too... still solid but a little more wet. Could she just have drank a lot of water and it's making its way through her body?

Thanks
    Thanked 19,824 Times in 11,843 Posts
    Sometimes a snake will have feces that are more "watery"- it's probably nothing. Not related to what's in her mouth, & she probably drank water recently.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Re: Ball python mouth a little extra watery...

Hi! Thanks and yes, I was not worried about the poop since it still held its form...but if the last time the ball drank was the night before could it still be just water? I mean if that's all it is then that's so relieving but are we sure it doesn't sound like the start of an RI? Is it normal to have extra watery mouths sometimes? Thanks so much!