Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,118

0 members and 2,118 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts
    BTW, in case you're wondering, I've never had to remove a snake from upholstered furniture, but I've had SO many TRY to go down into the cushions, almost like an "instinct"! They just love to squeeze into things to hide, & cushy fabrics are hard to resist, as is the darkness offered. Hang in there- think positive.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Re: SOS!!! Can’t lure snake out of couch frame

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    What some call a "hide-a-bed"...yes, very dangerous for snakes to be inside- same goes for rocker-recliner chairs (in the spring/rocker mechanism). Be careful
    Once was all it took, That was scary to me, though the snake was just doing what snakes do and probably found it comforting in there

I make sure it will not happen again. Now that she knows the spot, she might go for it again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    Once was all it took, That was scary to me, though the snake was just doing what snakes do and probably found it comforting in there

I make sure it will not happen again. Now that she knows the spot, she might go for it again.
    Oh yes, they do seem to remember. I've had a snake get part-way into the cushions- as nice as it feels, these are not the right pets to relax on a couch with. And what's worse is that you can injure them (even fatally) by pulling back on them, so when a snake starts to go into something they shouldn't, you have to be very careful about how you try to stop them. Without actually pulling back, the most you can do is try to resist their forward motion, & because going forward is suddenly hard, hope they give up & back out. Yes, I've "been there"... I've just been lucky enough not to have a snake go all the way in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Oh yes, they do seem to remember. I've had a snake get part-way into the cushions- as nice as it feels, these are not the right pets to relax on a couch with. And what's worse is that you can injure them (even fatally) by pulling back on them, so when a snake starts to go into something they shouldn't, you have to be very careful about how you try to stop them. Without actually pulling back, the most you can do is try to resist their forward motion, & because going forward is suddenly hard, hope they give up & back out. Yes, I've "been there"... I've just been lucky enough not to have a snake go all the way in.

By the time I realized what she was up too it was too late, I tried to hold her but felt her "muscle up" to keep going so just left her go

and figured I get her out after. Didn't want to hurt her, figured that was the best way to handle that.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

I’d try heating up a f/t prey item after dark and place it inside a tub, with a hide in it, either on or beside the couch. Hopefully the scent will draw your snake out. Best wishes.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    By the time I realized what she was up too it was too late, I tried to hold her but felt her "muscle up" to keep going so just left her go

and figured I get her out after. Didn't want to hurt her, figured that was the best way to handle that.
    I know. Sometimes that's all you can do, so as not to hurt them. If they get in too far & have too much leverage, ya gotta let 'em go & deal with the situation later.

Thanks
    WAIT!!!! You can't keep a brother hanging. The last page was ripped out of the book, I want my $$ back!!! Did she come out? Did you cut the couch? You can't do this to me!!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dzydvl For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-11-2021),EL-Ziggy (08-11-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12