Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,905

0 members and 2,905 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Threaded View

Thanks

Exclamation Extra Measures to Prevent Escaping?

So, tonight, my ball python escaped. He is safe now and secure, but dear god, I must have lost at least twenty years off of my life. He was completely out and hanging off of a wall fixture. I could've screamed.

I'm fairly sure this was due to me not properly locking the tank (it is a click-into-place lock) because when I locked it properly and tested each door neither one budged when pushed against. I pushed to the point where I felt that if I pushed any harder it would break, and it stood firm. My bp is a young adult of maybe 3 feet- he is not that strong. But, I'm now paranoid. I have two heavy things propped against his doors so I can at least believe that it will hold, lock or no lock.

I have a tank that opens from the front and not the top. Does anyone here have any ideas of what I could do to amp up security and prevent escape? I was extremely lucky tonight. My cat was literally sitting just outside my door, and I happened to be bothered enough to check what the noise I was hearing was coming from. I want to do everything I can to keep this from ever happening again.

thank you!
    Last edited by smakemom; 06-13-2021 at 01:23 AM.