Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 599

2 members and 597 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Help IDing Morph

Hi, I just got my new snake, Luna, she's about a year old and her previous owners didn't know her morph. I was curious to know if she's anything else besides normal as she doesn't have the alien heads. Please let me know what you think. Thank you![IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    The pictures are showing up really small and if I try to click to see the larger version of some, it takes me to a gallery but they are still small. Maybe try using tapatalk to upload them to the thread? Larger pics might help see a bit better but I think I have a pretty good idea of what she could be.

I suspect granite and yellow belly but there is not a really good way to know for sure without lineage or test breeding. Granite because on her sides, a normal would usually have two eyes in each section (called alien heads usually), where yours has smaller speckles instead like the eyes are shattered into smaller pieces. Yellow Belly because her belly looks devoid of black and she has a fair amount of blushing in the head and between the alien heads. There are multiple morphs in the yellow belly complex that all look the same when there is just one copy, but have more distinct differences when there are two.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks

Re: Help IDing Morph

Sorry about that I tried to figure out how to do it I think this will be better. Thank you for your help!

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Much better! I'm going to stick with my original theories, but it's nice to get a better look to make sure I wasn't missing anything or misjudging something. She's very pretty, I just love how nice the side pattern looks. You can really appreciate the gradual change from pale yellow to brown when the "eyes" aren't there anymore.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks

Re: Help IDing Morph

Thank you I know she's beautiful! I didn't have alot to spend on a fancier morph but the normals are still so pretty! She's my perfect little girl .

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk