Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,452

1 members and 2,451 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Can ball pythons be housed together?

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    I didn't say that at all. Was it hard to understand?

The point was dogs do not always tell you something is wrong, nor do other animals.

They certainly do sometimes but I didn't think that needed to be explained. I guess it did.

And I am called a [bad] owner when I rushed my dog to the vet for care at the first sign of a problem. Wow!

I took the day off work the first time and left work early on the second. I paid all the money needed to make them comfortable and make the best decision for them and I am a [bad] owner?

What is your opinion of the place that turned my pitbull and I away because I was a large man with a gun....and a badge. They left my dog and I in the parking lot thinking care was on the way. When what they really did was call the police on me. They told the arriving officer they didn't care if I was a policer officer, they were refusing me service. So then I had to find another after hours vet and take him there. Yeah, but I am a [bad] owner.

You know nothing about me or my level of care for my animals. Maybe you should check my gallery to see if my level of care is acceptable.
    Look what I'm saying is there have been multiple reasons posted here today on why it shouldn't happen, it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense to you or anyone else for that matter. Time and time again it has been proven to be a bad idea and the fact that you've just sat there and basically had an excuse for it all is [bogus]. When you get an animal it's you taking on the responsibility of their needs, it's not about what we want, it's about what they need. I'm sorry I called you a [bad] owner, you're right I don't know all about you, I'm honestly judging off of how you've replied today.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 06-08-2021 at 07:15 PM. Reason: modified for family-friendly language

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlykhajiit View Post
    This isn't about your dogs dude.

Do you seriously want to keep talking to me about this? I nicely stated my opinion and you responded poorly. Why should I continue with you?

I was trying to give another side to think about with what jmcrook said. I didn't attack it and merely offered a nugget for thought. I was unaware we are only able to talk about herps here.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

cuddlykhajiit (06-08-2021)

Thanks

Evidentially I am not an animal lover. Turns out I am a [bad] pet parent. All because my opinion is different than another's. Just another great example of the tolerance.....as long as you believe, say, and think what they want you to.
    I respect your opinions and agree with them.
    My post was not related to you. I wanted to promote different opinions and for us all to think and learn, even me.
    it was to the general escalation that worried me. Please neg me if you feel I have offended you. It was not intentional

To others :-
    why cant we all have a civilised conversation where we disagree?
    We are all on the same team here. Best love and care for our animals.

I can see this thread being quarantined by staff if we dont be more civilised.
    Why should debate be stifled because we cant handle others opinions.,
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-08-2021 at 07:04 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ascended For This Useful Post:

Erie_herps (06-08-2021),KMG (06-08-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlykhajiit View Post
    Look what I'm saying is there have been multiple reasons posted here today on why it shouldn't happen, it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense to you or anyone else for that matter. Time and time again it has been proven to be a bad idea and the fact that you've just sat there and basically had an excuse for it all is [bogus]. When you get an animal it's you taking on the responsibility of their needs, it's not about what we want, it's about what they need. I'm sorry I called you a [bad] owner, you're right I don't know all about you, I'm honestly judging off of how you've replied today.

Well I am judging you as a one way person with no ability for free think. You were quick to judge me off of information I would guess you have acquired online and not in real life. Is that right? What is your experience with animals in general?

As to "Look what I'm saying is there have been multiple reasons posted here today on why it shouldn't happen, it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense to you or anyone else for that matter." Then it most be true if you read it here.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 06-08-2021 at 07:17 PM. Reason: edited for language quoted
    KMG

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I respect your opinions and agree with them.
    My post was not related to you. I wanted to promote different opinions and for us all to think and learn, even me.
    it was to the general escalation that worried me. Please neg me if you feel I have offended you. It was not intentional
    why cant we all have a civilised conversation where we disagree?
    We are all on the same team here. Best love and care for our animals.
    I got that. My comment was just to the way my comment was treated by others...not you. I think you and I agree on many things and you are seeing that side of this place I told you about. Not very friendly if you go against their ways.
    KMG

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

Ascended (06-08-2021)

Thanks

Well I am judging you as a one way person with no ability for free think. You were quick to judge me off of information I would guess you have acquired online and not in real life. Is that right? What is your experience with animals in general?

As to "Look what I'm saying is there have been multiple reasons posted here today on why it shouldn't happen, it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense to you or anyone else for that matter." Then it most be true if you read it here.
    That's a shame because we're also told bps don't climb and my enclosures have proven that wrong countless times. My experience not that I have to tell you anything about it is that I've grown up around animals my whole life, there hasn't been a day in my life that I didn't live with some sort of animal. I went on to work at pet stores where I was the only person who looked into the different pets offered and what their real needs are, then I left normal every day pet stores and did years of volunteer work with exotics, studied them to earn my rights to teach others about them and their needs, breed them and so on.

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts
    I've seen some pretty bad bites from cohabs, along with a couple cases of cannibalism among ball pythons, that's besides the obvious issues of spreading disease, mites, adding unneeded stress to the animals, unwanted breeding. I guess I don't really see what the pros are? It's not natural or normal for them to hang out in multiples from my understanding. Only needing one cage? But if one were injured or sick you'd want to separate and have an extra cage around just in case to be prepared.

2.0 Python brongersmai
    1.1 Python breitensteini
    1.0 Python curtus
    1.0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Acrantophis dumerili
    1.0 Boa constrictor
    0.1 Heterodon nasiscus nasiscus
    0.0.1 Pantherophis guttatus

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

cuddlykhajiit (06-08-2021),Hugsplox (06-09-2021),jmcrook (06-08-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    bites from cohabs, along with a couple cases of cannibalism among ball pythons, unwanted breeding. I guess I don't really see what the pros are?
    Those are some better points. Though the breeding can be negated fairly easy.....except in Jurassic Park. I also agree on not enough pros to do it. That is why I have never tried it.

I am just not one to say that somebody can not do something. If they do this well I do believe it can work and we have proof that it can so it is not crazy talk. Nothing is without risk though and tomorrow is not a guarantee for us or our animals.

I'll ask this,

For every time something went wrong with a co-hab situation......how many were fine?

Kinda takes me back to the possibly swallowed substrate thread. Something could go wrong but how many times does it. I think the word used was "rare."

Then going back to other animals these same things can again happen with others, yet an acceptable way of keeping them is in a community. I have had chickens kill other chickens, rabbits kill rabbits. So despite what anyone else thinks I believe I have a valid reasoning to discuss other animals within this topic.
    Last edited by KMG; 06-08-2021 at 07:24 PM.
    KMG

Thanks
    Ok, to everybody... neg me as the OP/ don't blame others for having opinions that differ from your own. We are all entitled to opinions. and if we do not share we can not learn. including me.
    I was all for separate tanks for each until i read some of these fixed thinking comments.
    The fixed opinions of some without evidence have convinced me that I am going to experiment with this, in a way that's as safe as possible.
    Yes Hight for climbing, thermal gradients up and across.
    healthy animals.
    sufficient hides vertically and horizontally with appropriate thermal gradients each way.
    Enough space for each to get away from each other.
    I have done it in the past with other snakes,
    If there are any problems I wont let the animals suffer,
    But if it works.... I will use it and not e bullied by old fashioned opinions.

I started with snakes in the old days when only wild caught were available and there was no knowledge about the need for cooling of north America snakes,
    If i had followed the 'current at that time' Advice, I would have never breed snakes and helped create the captive populations we now have.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ok, to everybody... neg me as the OP/ don't blame others for having opinions that differ from your own. We are all entitled to opinions. and if we do not share we can not learn. including me.
    I was all for separate tanks for each until i read some of these fixed thinking comments.
    The fixed opinions of some without evidence have convinced me that I am going to experiment with this, in a way that's as safe as possible.
    Yes Hight for climbing, thermal gradients up and across.
    healthy animals.
    sufficient hides vertically and horizontally with appropriate thermal gradients each way.
    Enough space for each to get away from each other.
    I have done it in the past with other snakes,
    If there are any problems I wont let the animals suffer,
    But if it works.... I will use it and not e bullied by old fashioned opinions.

I started with snakes in the old days when only wild caught were available and there was no knowledge about the need for cooling of north America snakes,
    If i had followed the 'current at that time' Advice, I would have never breed snakes and helped create the captive populations we now have.
    That is what keeps me from saying something can only be done one way. The entire hobby has been built on exploration. Without it we would not have any snakes from far away landings living in our homes.

I honestly think you will have success but it will not stop naysayers.
    KMG

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast