Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,810

0 members and 2,810 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Can ball pythons be housed together?

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Ok I forgot that my dogs can talk. My bad.

A Bulldog I had was found one morning with a swollen leg. It was not like that the night before so I rushed her to the vet. Cancer. Tumor had cut off pathways overnight and her leg was swelling because the fluids could not get out. A bunch of test later they found the tumor was huge and she was not going to make it. So from good to bad with no signs hardly at all.

My first Pitbull was perfectly fine one morning when I left for work. A few hours later my wife got home and tried to take him on a walk and he didn't want to go. I left work early and took him to the vet. Cancer. Tumor this time had ruptured and he was bleeding internally. Best case was $14K in care and the treatment and surgeries alone could kill him. So again from good to bad with no signs hardly at all. He was running around and acting as normal as could be before I left only to be down a few hours later with no obvious problem.

You want to know how many times I went to get eggs and found a chicken dead? It was numerous. Fine one day and dead the next. Old age? Cancer? Something else? I don't know because it didn't tell me.

I have had rabbits do the same way.

In general animals do not always do a great job at showing illness or issues.

So I will compare animals however I please from my experience with them.
    Dogs can whimper is what I'm getting at. Don't be silly. This whole board sounds like you're just trying to justify being a [bad] owner and co habbing.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 06-08-2021 at 06:46 PM. Reason: language, don't make me remind you

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Let me finish that sentence with "...that you're aware of."
    So here you are again putting words into my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    all 3 were adult females, & the enclosure was also too small- it was suitable at most for one snake.
    My comment was fine and if you read it you saw I said my actual argument against this was the space it requires to do well. So why are you trying to argue my point for me while coming at me like I said something wrong?
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlykhajiit View Post
    Dogs can whimper is what I'm getting at. Don't be silly. This whole board sounds like you're just trying to justify being a [bad] owner and co habbing.

Wow name calling. So nice of you.

Yes, dogs can whimper. Did you know snakes can hiss and strike. Those are the first two things I usually notice when my snake is trying to tell me something.

Going back to dogs they sure can whimper but in both of the personal cases I shared neither did.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 06-08-2021 at 06:47 PM. Reason: edited for language in quote
    KMG

Thanks

Wow name calling. So nice of you.

Yes, dogs can whimper. Did you know snakes can hiss and strike. Those are the first two things I usually notice when my snake is trying to tell me something.

Going back to dogs they sure can whimper but in both of the personal cases I shared neither did.
    Your situation happened that way so it must be the same for everyone else right.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    Hey, reminder folks, this is a family-friendly forum...keep this discussion civil, okay?
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Ascended (06-08-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlykhajiit View Post
    Your situation happened that way so it must be the same for everyone else right.

I didn't say that at all. Was it hard to understand?

The point was dogs do not always tell you something is wrong, nor do other animals.

They certainly do sometimes but I didn't think that needed to be explained. I guess it did.

And I am called a [bad] owner when I rushed my dog to the vet for care at the first sign of a problem. Wow!

I took the day off work the first time and left work early on the second. I paid all the money needed to make them comfortable and make the best decision for them and I am a [bad] owner?

What is your opinion of the place that turned my pitbull and I away because I was a large man with a gun....and a badge. They left my dog and I in the parking lot thinking care was on the way. When what they really did was call the police on me. They told the arriving officer they didn't care if I was a policer officer, they were refusing me service. So then I had to find another after hours vet and take him there. Yeah, but I am a [bad] owner.

You know nothing about me or my level of care for my animals. Maybe you should check my gallery to see if my level of care is acceptable.
    Last edited by KMG; 06-08-2021 at 06:49 PM.
    KMG

Thanks
    Please, Its me that raised this controversial issue. Lets be nice in the spirit of learning and exploring ideas.
    Any bad feelings should be to me.
    We are all animal lovers here at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-08-2021 at 06:49 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ascended For This Useful Post:

cuddlykhajiit (06-08-2021)

Thanks

I didn't say that at all. Was it hard to understand?

The point was dogs do not always tell you something is wrong, nor do other animals.

They certainly do sometimes but I didn't think that needed to be explained. I guess it did.

And I am called a $h## owner when I rushed my dog to the vet for care at the first sign of a problem. Wow!

I took the day off work the first time and left work early on the second. I paid all the money needed to make them comfortable and make the best decision for them and I am a $h## owner?

What is your opinion of the place that turned my pitbull and I away because I was a large man with a gun....and a badge. They left my dog and I in the parking lot thinking care was on the way. When what they really did was call the police on me. They told the arriving officer they didn't care if I was a policer officer, they were refusing me service. So then I had to find another after hours vet and take him there. Yeah, but I am a $h## owner.

You know nothing about me or my level of care for my animals. Maybe you should check my gallery to see if my level of care is acceptable.
    This isn't about your dogs dude.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cuddlykhajiit For This Useful Post:

Ascended (06-08-2021),GoingPostal (06-08-2021),jmcrook (06-08-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-08-2021),Hugsplox (06-09-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Please, Its me that raised this controversial issue. Lets be nice in the spirit of learning and exploring ideas.
    Any bad feelings should be to me.
    We are all animal lovers here at the end of the day.
    Evidentially I am not an animal lover. Turns out I am a [bad] pet parent. All because my opinion is different than another's. Just another great example of the tolerance.....as long as you believe, say, and think what they want you to.
    KMG

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast