This is is a post that I hoped I would never need to write.

Buzz hasn't eaten for 12 weeks now.

He was 730g and on small rats and eating well when one evening he upped and moved to the cold side of his enclosure and stayed in his hide for 8 weeks! I keep a close eye on his temps and use a temp gun to ensure his temps are correct. 30 Degrees on his warm side and 20 Degrees in his cool side. He has a hide on his warm side a hollow log reaching from the the warm to the cold and a hide in the cold side so he has plenty of options of hides with different temps. Before he stopped eating he would move between his warm, cold and log.

I defrost his food in a bath of warm water left next to his cage. Normally this would result in him wandering his cage in anticipation of food. He never left his cold hide. I checked his temps and left him alone, trying every 2 weeks, each time a different food type SR, Multi , rat pup , jumbo mouse.

After 2 months I changed his cage around. Changing the substrate to coconut husk, moving his hides around, etc. He immediately moved back to his warm side and after another week went into shed. Early last week he started to show more activity and would come out on an evening and explore his cage on a evening. This weekend I tried him on a jumbo mouse, he came out of his hide but no strike.

He is now looking thin and under weight. (Wouldn't you if you haven't eaten for 12 weeks).

Are there any tips anyone would recommend ? I'll upload Pics of his enclosure.

Chris