Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,614

0 members and 2,614 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Are these offers fair?

Local breeders are making me 2 interesting offers? Cant compare prices with morph market because these 2 are pretty rare.

First offer: Fire Highway Clown, female, about 6500 US dollars in American currency
    Second offer: Silky Way (super yellow belly aka ivory x leopard) for 2000 US dollars

Both are less then 1 year old eating weanlings. Negotiating here can be a bit complicated, 1 seller can give u firm fair price, another can give u double the price and u have to haggle your way to a fair price, things like that. Please let me know your thoughts. Note: I am not interested in breeding myself, I only buy females because I want them to turn big.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Neither of those seem like good prices within the states, but if that is including transportation and fees associated with importing they might be. I have a feeling the clown highway fire is a premium because it's a lot more in demand right now than usual, and you might be better off waiting for the market to settle a bit. The leopard ivory doesn't seem too far off from what I would expect to pay here plus taxes, broker fees and international shipping, and is a more stable price point.

If it isn't about breeding at all, then you really just have to decide if you think it's a worthwhile price for you or if you are willing to be patient for a better price. When I am negotiating I base it a lot less on the market value and more off of what happens if someone buys them out from under me. If I really, really want that exact animal, I will pay the asking price even if it's a bit steep. If there are other similar options and I won't be devastated if the seller decides not to work with me or sells it before we agree on a price, I will make a low offer and see what happens.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks
    The silky way seller, i know i got to haggle with the guy, things are always way overpriced. I am not interested that much anyway.

But about the fire highway clown (different seller, BP born and bred here), now this one im really interested. I negotiated again today and got the price to be at around 5500 usd. How much would u pay for one? Please dont include import fees and customs. Assume that the snake was born and bred in your own country. Thanks
    Last edited by JAGpenguin; 06-05-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Thanks
    I will message you the link the the specific BP, its on our own equivalent of morphmarket.