Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 568

0 members and 568 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Re: Enclosure Question: Height vs Depth

Quote Originally Posted by RickySRonin View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't get yourself worked up over the decision. As you can see, everybody may have a preference but as long as you're meeting the snake's needs either enclosure will work out fine for you.
    yes, exactly this.

You can also make an out of enclosure jungle gym for your boa to climb around on if you really want to ensure you are providing something (heck, even some chairs/stools and such work!) for when you have the boa out.
    Will boas make use of shelves/perches? sure! How often they utilize is pretty dependant on the individual snake. I have found the smaller insular species will climb more, I've found younger snakes tend to climb more. Some love it, some really don't care and just want to sit in a warm spot on the floor. In general, I find common boas mostly hanging out on the floor of their caging, so with what I keep, I just provide some out of cage climbing options.
    For the Horde!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

BoaCow (05-06-2021)

Thanks

Re: Enclosure Question: Height vs Depth

Quote Originally Posted by RickySRonin View Post
    Trust me, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I'm the worst when it comes to having multiple options so I know what's going through your head Lol I hate it.
    Aha yep it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    yes, exactly this.

You can also make an out of enclosure jungle gym for your boa to climb around on if you really want to ensure you are providing something (heck, even some chairs/stools and such work!) for when you have the boa out.
    Will boas make use of shelves/perches? sure! How often they utilize is pretty dependant on the individual snake. I have found the smaller insular species will climb more, I've found younger snakes tend to climb more. Some love it, some really don't care and just want to sit in a warm spot on the floor. In general, I find common boas mostly hanging out on the floor of their caging, so with what I keep, I just provide some out of cage climbing options.
    That's a pretty good idea too, will definitely consider that! Whenever I have my boa out, she tends to just explore around the place, although she does sometimes try to stretch towards my ceiling fan, but regardless it doesn't matter too much.

I will keep thinking about it, it doesn't matter too much either way at this point I think, it's just hard to pick from two options that are so similar!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BoaCow For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (05-06-2021)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123