Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,860

1 members and 2,859 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wet egg set up!

Thanks

Red face Re: Wet egg set up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniex2 View Post
    My stat is out side, this set up was pos2 b a ruff draft, I was between buying and doing this, but here I am
    heating pad under tubs separate stats
    both identical and stat & heat pad,
    I’m between 88-90°.. but I fear loosing humidity by making adjustments now

Why the two different stats? If you don't mind me asking. And if that stats are on/off type this will increase condensation.

I definitely wouldn't put eggs into that with how bad the condensation is. They will drown very quickly.

The fact your getting condensation in the whole incubator would lead me to belive there's a huge difference between incubator temp and the temp of wherever your incubator is. Either that or the insulation of the polyboz is extremely thin or crap. ..

Condensation forms when hot-air meets cold air The condensation forms on the hot side which is your whole incubator... I think a good example of this would be when your car windows start to fog up.

One more question do you have anything else in the incubator? Specifically liquid. Any water trays or bottles?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by IrishBalls; 05-04-2021 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks

Re: Wet egg set up!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Obviously yes. When I got excessive condensation, all I had to do to fix it was open it up (take off the plastic) for a while so some moisture could escape. I think you'll find it's always better to go "light" on the water you add- you can always add more, but it's harder to pull out the excessive water. Granted my incubation set-up was different than yours, but I don't think that changes anything.

Think its past my bedtime. Looking at it now it sounds silly Never did like physics at school.

I still think the OPs problem is temperature related as its the whole incubator as opposed to just the egg box thats soaked.. What do yiu think?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123