Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,866

1 members and 2,865 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Why You Wanna Worry Your Momma Like That?

Spotticus,my KSB, turned 2 yesterday. Last year, he went on his first girl hunt at 9 months old, even though "I" thought he was too young. To me it was like a kid in kindergarten coming home and saying "me and Susie got married today!". Basically you just roll your eyes and say "that's nice, honey". So he didn't eat for nearly 2 months, and since he was so young (and my first snake), I was quite freaked out in spite of the advice I got. I finally got him off the fast by feeding live a couple of times, and he went back on F/T without any problem.
    Cut to this January. He started fasting (and hunting!) right on schedule. I was all "yeah, I know what he's doing and I can wait him out this year". Well ha, and ha again. The first two months I was fine; offered on his regular feeding days and didn't stress when he refused. But then we went into the third month and I started to get antsy. I didn't realize how antsy until I went and checked my book, and I'd been offering him something every week, lol. He was still normally active, and even shed once while he wasn't eating, but I, like the good mammal mom that I am, finally went and got him a mouse hopper "for his birthday".
    I dropped the mouse in with him, and while it was bumping around on him, he just looked confused. I could see the wheels turning in his brain like he knew something up but wasn't sure what, and hesitantly he started to climb out of his bowl. At that point I actually did roll my eyes, and turned him around to face the mouse. I swear I saw a lightbulb go on over his little googly-eyed head, and the mouse was halfway down his throat almost before it could squeak. So that's another mating season over and done, thank goodness. And his last shed was a good, whole shed, so that's another worry over.
    I can't imagine what a wreck I'd be if I'd gotten a ball python. Actually, yes I can. That's why I got a sand boa.
    "Something Clever"

1.0 Paradox Albino KSB - Spotticus
    0.1 Dutch Rabbit - Wendy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spicey For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-29-2021),Hugsplox (04-30-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,793 Times in 11,827 Posts
    I know the feeling, lol. But you (I mean, he -) made it thru another year. Whew!
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Spicey (04-29-2021)