Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,104

0 members and 3,104 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: BP not Eating

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Re: BP not Eating

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas S View Post
    ill call tomorrow, according to their site a 3rd option would be trying a live Mouse Hopper, i wont try that unless they say so, the snakes eyes look a little white, thats why i was asking about shedding...

You need to make sure that you let Mike's team know about the husbandry issues you have going on. It's incredibly important that you let them know exactly what's going on. Don't call them and just say "hey this snake you sold me won't eat" because that's not what's going on. You've made some new keeper mistakes and your snake is stressed out and not eating. Absolutely call them and ask for advice, but you need to take the feedback you've been given here and make those corrections yourself. As far as the shedding question, your snake may be going into shed, which means you need to get that humidity under control, and I wouldn't try feeding again until she's done shedding.

You brought this animal into your home and let's be honest here, your set up was not ready for it. I don't mean to come off as abrasive or rude, but a lot of the errors you seem to be making could have been avoided by reading essentially any care guide on any website, to include Wilbanks' own guide. The attitude you had at the beginning of this thread when you said you were just going to donate her if you couldn't get her eating is just not the right mindset to have. It makes me feel like you'd rather just be rid of her than fix the mistakes that you've made. You have to hold yourself accountable for this stuff and remind yourself that you're now responsible, 100%, for this animal's well being.

Making mistakes is a part of learning, but giving up when things get a little tough is not a character trait to have if you want to be a successful reptile keeper.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-18-2021),jmcrook (04-18-2021),RickySRonin (04-18-2021),Zincubus (04-19-2021)

Thanks

First of all, thanks for the reply. When mention about the possibility of getting the snake a new owner, this was meant to help the suffering of the Snake, NOT my stress. I have to look at this poor animal every day, and it hurts. I am NOT blaming the snake its me, no excuses. When i bought the new habitat, it was for the snake to enjoy, NOT to stress it out by making it live in a shoe box, where it learned to eat. I made mistakes and ii take full blame for them, never question me if my heart is in this situation, people always say stupid things when they are depressed or angry

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomas S For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-19-2021)

Thanks

what should i do about lighting? now i leave the regular light on during the day, and switch to the blue night light when i get home from work, should i just keep the blue one on all the time? if a snake is in his hide and you try to feed him, what do you do, just drop the rat in front of his hide?

Thanks

there's no half listening here, i read every post, one owner sent me a link about force feeding, I didn't even want to go there, should i have jumped on it because i am a lost idiot? Just give me instructions and i will follow them Exactly, no insults needed

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas S View Post
    Just give me instructions and i will follow them Exactly, no insults needed
    Not sure where you see anyone insulting you?

Our number one priority is the animals, not your feelings. Now, that being said, no one is intentionally trying to attack or belittle you. You've been given instructions several times over, and you come back asking about something else without telling us if you've fixed what we've already told you to fix. People are here trying to help you but you have to follow the guidance that you're being given. Don't get defensive like someone's out to get you, we're not, we're just not going to sugar coat things just to make you feel better. No one is being disrespectful towards you, but again, your feelings aren't our priority.

Have you corrected the situation with your hides? Fixed your humidity issue? Corrected your temps? Did you call Wilbanks to let them know you're having some issues? If so, did you let them know about your enclosure's shortcomings and what you're doing to correct them? Have you done anything that any number of posts on this thread have suggested you do?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-20-2021),jmcrook (04-20-2021)

Thanks

i got the 2 hides, i got some card board and cut it to size of the top l"lid", so most of it is covered except for the light, humidity level still low, i will mist some of the cage before i go to work and see what the levels are when i get home..temps look good around 88 degrees. i called wilbanks yesterday and of course got a answering machine, i explained the situation but they never called or texted back, will keep on trying every day until i get them..just listening to what you got to say so far

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

I would go to the person that you bought the snake from and ask for the hide that she was originally using. See if they will send it to you because sometimes snakes get upset when you put them in a new environment. Also also ask the previous owner how they had their enclosure setup and anything specific to feeding the snake. Details are important so you can find out what your snake likes. Did they feed the snake in a seperate enclosure? Did they put it on paper towel to feed it or just leave it on substrate. Any details you can get from the previous owner is key here. Post a picture of your enclosure and the snake so we can see how big the snake is please.
    Checkout my YouTube channel! I post Ball Python Morph Combo videos daily: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXr...7cOR5pcCONzvtA

Thanks

i got green moss or brown moss use 1 of them or mix it up with both types?

Thanks

thx, im still trying to get ahold of wilbanks, must be busy???more good things to ask them, thanks again

Thanks

would buying 1 of those portable "Room" humidifiers for her room, and keep door shut which i do now, be good enough to get her some more humidity???

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast