Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 503

1 members and 502 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Question Anyone have any XP w/ BPs that have Shark Mouth?

I'm pretty sure that my new BP has a slight (Mild to low moderate) sharkmouth. Bottom jaw doesn't fully meet the top jaw towards the front of the mouth. He's eaten for several weeks w/ his breeder. Apparently he's from a series of clutches that experienced a temp spike in the incubator and one of the snakes out of those clutches had a severe sharkmouth.

I also wouldn't be shocked if my little guy had some neurological issues from this temp spike. He seems okay and is settling into his new home well. Sometimes he does some inverted climbing and stumbles, I've also noticed that he wobbles a bit sometimes while scoping and I wonder if its related to the temp spike. (I've also heard that this wobbling could be due to lack of muscle tone from being in a tub without climbing opps).

If anyone has any XP w/ snakes that have sharkmouth if you could comment some things to keep an eye on as he continues to grow and develop that would be awesome.

Thanks

Re: Anyone have any XP w/ BPs that have Shark Mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by beefontheboard View Post
    I'm pretty sure that my new BP has a slight (Mild to low moderate) sharkmouth. Bottom jaw doesn't fully meet the top jaw towards the front of the mouth. He's eaten for several weeks w/ his breeder. Apparently he's from a series of clutches that experienced a temp spike in the incubator and one of the snakes out of those clutches had a severe sharkmouth.

I also wouldn't be shocked if my little guy had some neurological issues from this temp spike. He seems okay and is settling into his new home well. Sometimes he does some inverted climbing and stumbles, I've also noticed that he wobbles a bit sometimes while scoping and I wonder if its related to the temp spike. (I've also heard that this wobbling could be due to lack of muscle tone from being in a tub without climbing opps).

If anyone has any XP w/ snakes that have sharkmouth if you could comment some things to keep an eye on as he continues to grow and develop that would be awesome.
    ALSO:

I've read that Sharkmouth is not a genetic issue but rather an incubation deformity. Would it be risky to breed this guy later down the road in the case that he does have a mild case of sharkmouth? His genes are boss, but I wouldn't want to put the babies at risk of also having the deformity.