Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 448

0 members and 448 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,730 Times in 11,794 Posts
    I had second thoughts about posting the link to Clint's video, because I thought that even though he mentioned the downsides, he more than mentioned their appeal- ending up with sort of a mixed message. The reality of dealing with such a large lizard (the clean up, the large space needed, their claws, & the obvious expense-etc) is quite sobering no matter how cool they are.

I used to do public programs with my snakes too- the "worst" thing I ever hauled around was my rattlesnakes- I can't imagine taking a 'gator & a water monitor, especially for "hands-on".
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'm surprised nobody took it home for dinner

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 303_enfield For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-11-2021)

Thanks

Re: Lizards make messy shoppers

Quote Originally Posted by 303_enfield View Post
    I'm surprised nobody took it home for dinner
    Yeah, in that part of the world, for sure. But I suppose the claws were a bit daunting, eh? And even there I doubt anyone goes shopping with heavy leather gloves much less gauntlets, & a way of taking it home.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Yeah, in that part of the world, for sure. But I suppose the claws were a bit daunting, eh? And even there I doubt anyone goes shopping with heavy leather gloves much less gauntlets, & a way of taking it home.

Seen locals (shoppers) use rope an a stick. Or one young lady use her shirt to bring home dinner.

I have a few friends that married locals from our time overseas. It's unnerving when they come over an hold a snake saying, "not heavy enough for dinner how big that one". Poor snake I promise the mean lady can't have you.

One wife did take some kids (goats) an pigs for her parents as they where coming to visit the USA for the first time. She wanted the little Burmese python to stuff. She still doesn't understand my snakes are pets not food.

Different cultures, different rules.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 303_enfield View Post
    Seen locals (shoppers) use rope an a stick. Or one young lady use her shirt to bring home dinner.

I have a few friends that married locals from our time overseas. It's unnerving when they come over an hold a snake saying, "not heavy enough for dinner how big that one". Poor snake I promise the mean lady can't have you.

One wife did take some kids (goats) an pigs for her parents as they where coming to visit the USA for the first time. She wanted the little Burmese python to stuff. She still doesn't understand my snakes are pets not food.

Different cultures, different rules.
    I know what you mean... On an air base in South Korea (years ago) I saw an airman's pet dog running loose & it was immediately hit by a car. Quick as a flash, another driver stopped to grab it...sadly, NOT to provide emergency medical help.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 04-11-2021 at 01:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12