Hello all.
So I was setting up new shelves in my ball python enclosures and I had my snakes in little snap lid bins. for my bigger boy, he had a heavy container of sand on top to keep him out. But I didn't have much to weigh down the second one, my younger bp. I went out with my mom to do some grocery and general shopping and when I got back, axar (the younger one) was missing from his bin. It didn't take long to find him, he was about 4 feet away from the bin. I was thankful to find him so fast.
Though when I grabbed him, he was covered in red spots. I knew instantly that my cats got to him. Thankfully he's NOT bleeding and I only see a couple possible punctures. not sure what cat nail punctures would look like tbh.
anyway I set him up in a bigger bin with smooth hides, a water bowl, and paper towels. right after I noticed his little injuries, I stuck him in a warm bath (84 F ish degrees) with some first aid anticeptic providone iodine solution 10%. after that I took some cotton swabs and lightly dabbed his possible punctures with it.
tomorrow I'm going to the vet with him and I wanna know what you guys think. there's no blood on him honestly and I keep hearing that it means that the bacteria from the cat claws didn't get into his system. I'm still very worried though, and I'm so worried that I'll wake up to him dead or something. it probably wouldn't happen but I'm just super paranoid.
please please give me your feedback as soon as possible, I genuinely want to feel better about this.
BTW, please don't rag on about how "irresponsible" I was for putting him in an unsecure bin. I totally understand what happened was MY FAULT, not the snakes or cats and I will learn from this in the future.
Thanks in advance!