Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 510

2 members and 508 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Hets vs other morphs appearance

Hi y'all,

Now we probably all know we can look at pictures all day on Google, but I'd rather see what some of the community's members experience had shown. I read a statement that heterozygous morphs can tend to strip out the appearance of the other morphs a snake may have. For instance an orange dream het tristripe that just looks like a normal. Now I do have two of my own snakes that are het & their pastel doesn't show, I know not all pastels are very vibrant, but could this be from the het recessive Gene's they have. I have another het that their lesser is blatantly clear in comparison. I'm just curious if anyone with decades of experience believes that this can occasionally be true, because I know it isn't an absolute truth, but I can see it being possible that some het recessive Gene's could block the het co-doms.

Anyway I'd love to hear people's thoughts! Thanks y'all!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    The entire definition of a recessive gene revolves around the fact that there is no phenotypic expression when only one copy of the mutation is present. If the heterozygous state results in any change in phenotype then the gene is either dominant or incomplete-dominant in its expression
    actagggcagtgatatcctagcattgatggtacatggcaaattaacctcatgat

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asplundii For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (04-08-2021),Bogertophis (04-08-2021),jmcrook (04-08-2021),Toad37 (04-08-2021)