Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,065

2 members and 3,063 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

rainbow boa questions.

hi i brought this snake home last week fri nov 26th as a rescue. my good camera was out of action and i had to post a very grainy pic from my phone. the link below is to a followup post that has very clear pictures.

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...5&postcount=25

my questions are

is this a rainbow boa.? brazilan columbian or something else?

is it normal for a rainbow boa to create a hide in the substrate. makes me think she is hideing for hunting purposes. i have a pic where all you can see is her head poking up thru the cypress mulch.

i have her thremo set to 85 and the cool side is 78/80 she has both hot and cold hides and lots of climbing pants (vines) she was hamering FT pinkys and ive figured out she chan handle fuzzys. she just entred a shed cycle and didnt eat this week. are these temps ok ? im aiming for a humidity range of 60 to 70% is this ok or should i shoot for hiher humidity. if this is indead a rainbow boa.

thanks

Thanks

Re: rainbow boa questions.

It looks like an argentine rainbow boa.. doesn't look like a brazilian at all really.

I've seen rainbows dig in the substrate before.. it's normal.

These guys need HIGH humidity. 70-80%.. mist a couple times a day. NO screen lids.. in fact I wouldn't use a tank at all, but a tub with only a few ventilation holes drilled in it.

Don't let the temps go over 85 degrees.. the heat can kill them.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

thanks. temps are stable at 84.5 the heat sorce is on a thermostat. i mist in the morning and evening and she has a large water bowl and 2 hides. how big do you think she will get. the tank shes in now is stricly temp im going to be puting in a order for some ap cages after i get this years tax return and i want to order her for life cage at the same time but i dont want to get one thats two big.

how big to argentine rainbow boa's get? 4 to 6 feet like ball pythons? (male/female dependent)

Thanks

Rainbows usually max out around 5'. They are long and slender.

April

Thanks

ok cool looks like another T10/T11 is in the works as well as a T13 im geting for the dragons (with divider if needed.)

Thanks

YA she ate a FT fuzzy wensday night and when i got home from work yesterday she had shed. (in peaces) but she did shed eyecaps came off. shes getign a bath today cuase there is just a bit left on her tail area. it took ginger 3 sheds till she shed perfect when i first got her. wow her colors are really brite after the shed.

also i think she likes music. all my training equipment is im my reptile room. i like to workout and watch my babys. the last too times i was working out i had the music up and booth times she came out of where ever she was hideing and went up in the vines and watched me workout. good note she opened her mouth real wide once of the times and i was able to see that everythign looked good IE no red patches or mucus. every thing looks nice and healty. once she gets a bit bigger im going to take her to my vet and get a wellness checkup. (cant aford it right now but she seems to be doing just fine
    Last edited by Merchant; 12-09-2005 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks

Great! Everything sounds good. Just make sure you keep that humidity up all the time so she can shed well.

April

Thanks

well last night i went to feed her and found a big one pieace shed she beat gingers record of 3 shed cycles to get to 1 peace. i also weighed her shes 62 grams