Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,573

1 members and 2,572 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: I made a massive mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    Got it all done over the phone and also ordered some new hides from Reptile Basics. Everything's set in motion now.
    If you would rather do email, on the Pro Products landing there is a column on the right called 'Main Menu'. Under that is a 'Contact' link. Fill that out to email them and include the size of your enclosure, species that will live in it, and the ambient temp range of the room your snake will be in. They'll contact you back with what sized/watt heat panel will suit your needs or ask additional questions before giving a recommendation. Then they will email instructions on how to order. The ordering part is a bit weird since you 'buy' a random product on their site like their mite spray, but put a note on that order saying what you actually want to buy.
    Last edited by Trinityblood; 04-12-2021 at 05:13 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinityblood For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-12-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 462 Posts
    For the sake of others who may not know - Bob at Pro Products is indeed fantastic, and all of my RHPs came from him. The reason that you can't just go to his website and click on an RHP to buy is that he wants to be 100% sure you are getting the right RHP. So, as mentioned above, his site explains that in order to get an RHP, you first need to send him an email and answer a list of questions he provides, ranging from the species of snake you are keeping to the type and size of enclosure, ambient temps in the snake room, etc. Based on that he'll contact you with information about which RHP to order, and how to order it.

It may seem like an odd system, but there is a reason his RHPs are considered to be the best in the business.
    1.0 Jungle Carpet Python 'Ziggy'
    1.0 Bredl's Python 'Calcifer'
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 'Mara'
    1.1 Tarahumara Mountain Boas 'Paco' and 'Frida'
    2.0 Dumeril's Boas 'Gyre' and 'Titan'
    1.0 Stimson's Python 'Jake'
    1.1 Children's Pythons 'Miso' and 'Ozzy'
    1.0 Anthill Python 'Cricket'
    1.0 Plains Hognose 'Peanut'
    1.1 Rough-scaled Sand Boas 'Rassi' and 'Kala'
    1.0 Ball Python (BEL) 'Sugar'
    1.0 Gray-banded Kingsnake 'Nacho'
    1.0 Green Tree Python (Aru) 'Jade'

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caitlin For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-12-2021),Hugsplox (04-12-2021),Trinityblood (04-13-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    For the sake of others who may not know - Bob at Pro Products is indeed fantastic, and all of my RHPs came from him. The reason that you can't just go to his website and click on an RHP to buy is that he wants to be 100% sure you are getting the right RHP. So, as mentioned above, his site explains that in order to get an RHP, you first need to send him an email and answer a list of questions he provides, ranging from the species of snake you are keeping to the type and size of enclosure, ambient temps in the snake room, etc. Based on that he'll contact you with information about which RHP to order, and how to order it.

It may seem like an odd system, but there is a reason his RHPs are considered to be the best in the business.
    I see. Basically did that over the phone so, it all got taken care of in the end one way or another.

Also forgot that I haven't ordered more t-stats, but probably best to wait for now until I get more cash in since they won't be immediately needed anyway. It's really the hides that are the most pressing need at this point, my BP barely fits in them anymore. There's snug and then there's being big enough to constantly move the entire thing so the back end is exposed (it's one of those "log tunnels" with one end wedged against the tank wall).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Yea I wouldn't order RHPs from anyone else. I'm sure he's sold thousands of heat panels but when I called to order mine he seemed just as excited to sell one to me as he would if it were his first sale. That's the kind of passion for your product that makes me a lifelong customer.

I see. Basically did that over the phone so, it all got taken care of in the end one way or another.

Also forgot that I haven't ordered more t-stats, but probably best to wait for now until I get more cash in since they won't be immediately needed anyway. It's really the hides that are the most pressing need at this point, my BP barely fits in them anymore. There's snug and then there's being big enough to constantly move the entire thing so the back end is exposed (it's one of those "log tunnels" with one end wedged against the tank wall).
    If you can put some cash away for one, consider a Herpstat. With the RHP I've needed no other heating equipment and the Herpstat 2 keeps my temps exactly where I want them. A bit on the pricey side, but the peace of mind you get with them are priceless.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-13-2021),GoingPostal (04-19-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hugsplox View Post
    If you can put some cash away for one, consider a Herpstat. With the RHP I've needed no other heating equipment and the Herpstat 2 keeps my temps exactly where I want them. A bit on the pricey side, but the peace of mind you get with them are priceless.
    I thought RHPs just handled the ambient temperature like a CHE does (only without completely zapping all the moisture out of the air). Will I not still need the UTH?

Also took a look and, yeah that nearly $200 price tag is pretty steep after the amount of money I've already spent yesterday. Not that it particularly matters atm as they seem to be out of stock until May. Does it regulate two separate heat sources as the name seems to imply at least?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

I thought RHPs just handled the ambient temperature like a CHE does (only without completely zapping all the moisture out of the air). Will I not still need the UTH?

Also took a look and, yeah that nearly $200 price tag is pretty steep after the amount of money I've already spent yesterday. Not that it particularly matters atm as they seem to be out of stock until May. Does it regulate two separate heat sources as the name seems to imply at least?
    It does, the Herpstat 2 has two plug ins and will regulate two heat sources, which is why I got a 2 to use for a second enclosure. If you only intend to have one enclosure with one heat source you can get away with the cheaper Herpstat, it's just up to what you want to do long term.

As far as the what the RHP does, it pushes heat down, but the PVC enclosures holds heat way better than a glass tank. The inside of the warm hide, directly under the RHP stays at about 90, the hot side is at 86, cool side is at 78. All off JUST a RHP, no UTH needed.
    Last edited by Hugsplox; 04-13-2021 at 11:45 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-13-2021),Snagrio (04-13-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hugsplox View Post
    It does, the Herpstat 2 has two plug ins and will regulate two heat sources, which is why I got a 2 to use for a second enclosure. If you only intend to have one enclosure with one heat source you can get away with the cheaper Herpstat, it's just up to what you want to do long term.

As far as the what the RHP does, it pushes heat down, but the PVC enclosures holds heat way better than a glass tank. The inside of the warm hide, directly under the RHP stays at about 90, the hot side is at 86, cool side is at 78. All off JUST a RHP, no UTH needed.
    Huh, good to know.

Thanks
    Finally managed to sell it. Sadly at a $75 deficit for what I initially paid for but I've made up for it with the other things I've sold before this.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-18-2021),dakski (04-18-2021),GoingPostal (04-19-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,730 Times in 11,794 Posts

Finally managed to sell it. Sadly at a $75 deficit for what I initially paid for but I've made up for it with the other things I've sold before this.
    A learning experience that could have been much worse, so keep that in mind.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

So about a week ago I got the charge for the CHE from Pro Products, assumedly meaning it got shipped to the AP facility. Any clue if that means much in terms of how far my T10 is along the production line or is it not really much of an indicator?

In other news I got the supplies for a tub setup, but shortly after I got everything I was put out of commission for nearly a month thanks to a viral infection (worst fatigue I've ever experienced so the most I could do was ensure everybody was fed). And then right as I was feeling better I went off on vacation as I am currently in the middle of so it's still gone untouched. Really looking to work on it when I get back as he had his first really bad shed (missed a couple days of misting due to my condition and that was all it took) and I'd rather not go through that again if I can help it.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast