Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,874

3 members and 2,871 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts

Fla. pet tree frog wins Cadbury Bunny Tryouts

Fla. pet tree frog wins Cadbury Bunny Tryouts

Catie Wegman Treasure Coast Newspapers USA TODAY NETWORK – FLORIDA STUART, Fla. – Watch out, Cadbury Bunny, an amphibian is hopping into your spot!
    A Stuart, Florida, resident’s pet tree frog, Betty, won the third annual Cadbury Bunny Tryouts, The Hershey Company announced Tuesday, receiving a $5,000 prize and a featured role in the company’s 2021 national commercial.
    Betty, a 1-year-old Australian White’s tree frog, is the first amphibian and first female to win the yearly Easter campaign, according to a Cadbury news release, beating out over 12,000 other animals, including a goat, a donkey and a miniature horse.
    White’s tree frogs can range in color from bright green to a teal blue and sometimes even appear purple. They are docile and unafraid of humans and like to live in close contact with humans. They enjoy warm, humid climates, according to zillarules.com.
    The tree frog succeeds Lieutenant Dan, a dog who won the 2020 contest. The new commercial is set to air nationwide sometime during Easter season, according to the company’s news release. Easter is April4.
    Betty’s owner, University of Central Florida student Kaitlyn Vidal, said the tree frog enjoys snacking, jumping around, bathing in her favorite bowl and hanging out with fellow frog friends. Vidal is confident Betty will make Cadbury proud in her new role.
    'Betty’s been a great addition to our home, and we are so glad we get to share her with the rest of the world,' Vidal said in the news release.
    Vidal, whose family resides in Stuart, is studying communication sciences and disorders at the Orlando university. She plans

to graduate this spring, attend graduate school and pursue a career in speech-language pathology.
    The first Cadbury Bunny Tryouts commercial aired in 1994. In an attempt to revitalize the commercial in 2019, the company solicited pet owners across the nation to submit photos of their furry friends to partake in the campaign.
    Henri, an English bulldog from North Carolina, was the contest’s first winner, followed by Lieutenant Dan and now Betty.
    Betty, a pet tree frog, will be the next Cadbury Easter Bunny. She lives in Stuart, Fla. The Hershey Company

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if a tree frog can win this great honor, maybe it's time for a ball python next year, eh? BPs certainly know something about eggs, right?

Where's your competitive spirit? It's time to come out of your hides, BPs, & show the world who's the best at coiling some Easter eggs!

RedRabbit, where are you? This would be a piece of cake for you & yours...
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 03-26-2021 at 04:00 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Alicia (03-31-2021),Kam (03-26-2021),Luvyna (03-30-2021),RedRabbit (03-29-2021),richardhind1972 (03-26-2021),TofuTofuTofu (03-30-2021)

Thanks

Re: Fla. pet tree frog wins Cadbury Bunny Tryouts

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    RedRabbit, where are you? This would be a piece of cake for you & yours...
    Oho, this would be something fun to put together for next year! I've already got some miniature baskets and sparkly Easter grass sitting around ... hmmm ...
    Ball Pythons:
    2018 Cinnamon Enchi Ghost - Ignis ("Iggy")
    2018 Butter Mojave BEL - Ravus ("Rae")
    2022 Albino Super Lesser - Cyrus ("Cy")

Boa Imperator:
    2018 Hypo Blood - Genesis ("Gen")
    2019 IMG Motley - Requiem ("Q")
    2019 Sharp Blizzard - Elysium ("Elys")

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/iggy_and_rae

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-29-2021),Luvyna (03-30-2021)

Thanks

I was so happy to see that Betty won! I saw her tryout on Facebook and voted for her a few times. Excited to see how the commercial turns out!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRabbit View Post
    Oho, this would be something fun to put together for next year! I've already got some miniature baskets and sparkly Easter grass sitting around ... hmmm ...
    I would LOVE to see a snake win the Cadbury bunny tryouts! Be sure to keep us updated if you do go for it, I'll vote for you daily!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-30-2021),RedRabbit (03-30-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    I was so happy to see that Betty won! I saw her tryout on Facebook and voted for her a few times. Excited to see how the commercial turns out!

I would LOVE to see a snake win the Cadbury bunny tryouts! Be sure to keep us updated if you do go for it, I'll vote for you daily!
    I think any of RedRabbit's awesome snakes would be easy winners, at least in a fair fight. But even if Cadbury shies away from full reptile acceptance for advertising, the only way to change public opinion is to keep trying through educational moments like this. If a door doesn't open easily, you don't stop pushing on it if you expect to ever get through it.

Remember that advertisers want people to LOOK & LISTEN to their commercials, & they do all sorts of things to get our attention. So, who knows? I hope Betty has opened the door... To their credit, Cadbury has shown an open mind.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 03-30-2021 at 12:20 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (03-30-2021),RedRabbit (03-30-2021)

Thanks

I think any of RedRabbit's awesome snakes would be easy winners, at least in a fair fight. But even if Cadbury shies away from full reptile acceptance for advertising, the only way to change public opinion is to keep trying through educational moments like this. If a door doesn't open easily, you don't stop pushing on it if you expect to ever get through it.

Remember that advertisers want people to LOOK & LISTEN to their commercials, & they do all sorts of things to get our attention. So, who knows? I hope Betty has opened the door... To their credit, Cadbury has shown an open mind.
    Agreed 100%! Even if a snake doesn't win, just having one in the voting process would help spread awareness about them I think a cute, puppy-faced ball python or boa would be the perfect ambassador for snakes!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-30-2021)

Thanks
    On a related note, and something that I'd been meaning to ask Luvyna - did you (or a fellow reptile-loving artist) do the beautiful little illustration of Noodle in your signature? I love it so much, and I think artworks like this are also a great way to show people that snakes can have just as much charm and character as other kinds of pets.
    Ball Pythons:
    2018 Cinnamon Enchi Ghost - Ignis ("Iggy")
    2018 Butter Mojave BEL - Ravus ("Rae")
    2022 Albino Super Lesser - Cyrus ("Cy")

Boa Imperator:
    2018 Hypo Blood - Genesis ("Gen")
    2019 IMG Motley - Requiem ("Q")
    2019 Sharp Blizzard - Elysium ("Elys")

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/iggy_and_rae

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-30-2021),Luvyna (03-30-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedRabbit View Post
    On a related note, and something that I'd been meaning to ask Luvyna - did you (or a fellow reptile-loving artist) do the beautiful little illustration of Noodle in your signature? I love it so much, and I think artworks like this are also a great way to show people that snakes can have just as much charm and character as other kinds of pets.
    Aww, thank you! And I absolutely agree that art is a great way to show the charm and character that snakes can have.

One of my best friends who is a professional illustrator drew that image of Noodle for my birthday

She currently owns a milk snake named King and a corn snake she used to have named Rosco was the first snake I ever held. We are snake keeper buddies!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-30-2021)

Thanks
    I've always liked it too, she did great job artistically to represent your snake's personality.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (03-30-2021)

Thanks

I've always liked it too, she did great job artistically to represent your snake's personality.
    Yes I agree! She did a great job of depicting him as a "Royal" python It's not always easy to show personality with snakes since their faces don't really emote

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-30-2021)