Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 556

1 members and 555 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks

Re: My first baby snake!

Th garage wasn't too much colder I think, maybe 5 degrees? It occurred to me later that he had been next to the freezer so was actually probably warmer. And alright, I won't feed him for a bit, though I'm pretty sure he was already looking at my finger like he wanted to eat it. Also the heat source was actually still running just in case...I hadn't turned it off yet. I have been checking with my heat gun, though.
    Last edited by TayKiren; 01-10-2023 at 01:53 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TayKiren For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,730 Times in 11,794 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TayKiren View Post
    Th garage wasn't too much colder I think, maybe 5 degrees? It occurred to me later that he had been next to the freezer so was actually probably warmer. And alright, I won't feed him for a bit, though I'm pretty sure he was already looking at my finger like he wanted to eat it. Also the heat source was actually still running just in case...I hadn't turned it off yet. I have been checking with my heat gun, though.
    Okay, you're seeing him, we're not- & have no idea how cold it is where you are. Use your best judgement about when to feed him, but give him a few days at the very least to rehydrate- remember that regurgitations can actually kill a snake & should be avoided always, & poor hydration can result in the inability to digest. Hydration first before food, always. I hope he's alright- & when you get a chance, pay attention to his breathing to listen for squeaking-whistling-crackling sounds & watch for bubbling in his mouth that can indicate an RI. All the best-

*Make SURE he cannot escape again- snakes remember how they got out & will try again.* You're also lucky he's alive & not injured- snakes seeking warmth under appliances like refrigerators & freezers have gotten tangled & killed by running motors. Please be more careful- I'm very happy he "dodged it" this time, but next time might not go so well. Snakes don't understand the danger from human things.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Homebody (01-10-2023)

Thanks

Yeah, I know. I felt really stupid about leaving the door unlocked, but luckily that's an easy fix. I don't think I'll ever do that again. When he first went missing we looked under the stove and the fridge/freezer, around and in the toilet, under the sinks...We're not sure how he even got into the garage but obviously snakes are able to do things we wouldn't expect. I probably will hold off on feeding him for like a week, thanks. I'm just glad to see it does look like he has his appetite. His face looked clear last night but I will definitely keep an eye on him.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TayKiren For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-10-2023)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456