Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,807

2 members and 2,805 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts

Re: Do these enclosures look salvageable?

Be it ever so humble, there’s no place like home. Big Love young lady!
    1.0 Black Pastel Pinstripe
    1.0 Reduced Pattern Clown
    1.0 Low White Pied
    1.0 Hypo Super Enchi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonny1318 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-15-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

I’d go with the AP T10 as well. Excellent enclosure and worth the wait. There are other really good companies out there too that should have shorter lead times.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-15-2021),Hugsplox (03-15-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,793 Times in 11,827 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny1318 View Post
    Be it ever so humble, there’s no place like home...
    Except those first "homes" were a little TOO 'humble'.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    I’d go with the AP T10 as well. Excellent enclosure and worth the wait. There are other really good companies out there too that should have shorter lead times.
    What difference does the extra 3 inches in height offer? Easier cleaning? It's a BP we're talking about here so I don't think he'd care either way but I'm curious.

As an aside, anybody have experience with Boamaster cages? They have prices similar to AP but with quicker shipping rates of a few weeks or so (well, allegedly anyway, not naive enough to think they're not also swamped with orders). But even then, it's still probably be a faster turnaround.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    What difference does the extra 3 inches in height offer? Easier cleaning? It's a BP we're talking about here so I don't think he'd care either way but I'm curious.

As an aside, anybody have experience with Boamaster cages? They have prices similar to AP but with quicker shipping rates of a few weeks or so (well, allegedly anyway, not naive enough to think they're not also swamped with orders). But even then, it's still probably be a faster turnaround.
    The extra height was recommended to me for cleaning, makes it easier getting in there to tidy up. That being said, my BP loves to climb at night, and I often find him curled up on one of the branches I have in his enclosure just hanging out.

I’ve never purchased from Boamasters, but they are one of the other vendors that I’ve been recommended several times. Hopefully one of the guys that have some will drop their opinions in for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-15-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,793 Times in 11,827 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hugsplox View Post
    The extra height was recommended to me for cleaning, makes it easier getting in there to tidy up. That being said, my BP loves to climb at night, and I often find him curled up on one of the branches I have in his enclosure just hanging out...
    The 2 HDPE-plastic enclosures I had were 12" high & I hated that. As you said, it makes cleaning very awkward, & a little more height never hurts for the occupants either.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

If you add the shelf and use larger hides that extra 3” makes a world of difference. If you don’t have the shelf then the T8 will be fine for a BP.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-15-2021)

Thanks
    Not about to jump to a decision just yet, but if I go with AP, a sliding glass door T10 with LEDs (I've heard they carve a groove for them plus an exit point for the electrical wire which sounds very nice), door locks and maybe a basking shelf, still debating if it's worth adding that. Suppose it would make adding climbing material easier plus give him an extra elevation if he so chooses, but I never see him climb anything these days so I'm not sure if he'd even appreciate the extra commodity.

Also, how does the whole heat panel thing work? It says you have to purchase it separately on the other linked website (Pro Products) and have it shipped to their facility to install it for you.

Thanks
    As something of a preliminary measure, bought a screen lid for the 55 gallon. It even has a hinge down the middle so I don't necessarily have to take the entire thing off to access the tank.

And I think I'm going to place an order by the end of this week, we'll see. Still need to figure out how that heat panel installment thing works.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

As something of a preliminary measure, bought a screen lid for the 55 gallon. It even has a hinge down the middle so I don't necessarily have to take the entire thing off to access the tank.

And I think I'm going to place an order by the end of this week, we'll see. Still need to figure out how that heat panel installment thing works.
    So the heat panel deal is super easy, and super fast. Pro Products is by far the easiest company I've ever worked with and not just when it comes to reptiles but just in general. You can do everything over the phone, just give them a call. The owner answers, let him know what size enclosure you're ordering (I just told him a AP T10 and he was good to go), what you're keeping in the enclosure, and what your ambient temps are in the room the enclosure will be in, and he'll recommend the best panel for you.

He'll ship the panel to AP who will install it for you in your new enclosure. Then you just have to wait for the enclosure to ship. Super easy process, it's the wait that'll get you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-16-2021)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast