Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,856

1 members and 2,855 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Shatter morph question

Hi guys, I hope this is the right place to ask this (new user, first time posting - please let me know if I need to move this question).

I (hopefully, pending brexit holdups,) have a female bamboo shatter enchi ball python on its way and I've been trying to learn more about the shatter gene but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there? I found maybe 2 or 3 videos on youtube, and a few bp.net posts from 2011-2012ish. I'm just wondering if there's any particular reason this morph isn't more popular/widely experimented with? The few shatter bps I've seen outside of spider have looked insanely cool to me and I just don't understand why this particular morph seems to be a bit under produced?

Am interested in adding shatter into future breeding projects (never bred before, raising up my first 4 females now) and I'm just wondering if there's any reason I should be avoiding this gene?

Thanks for any info
    (also if anyone has any shatter bps let's see pics!)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    I am not sure, but if I had to guess why it's not worked with more is because of people assuming it was just paradox and not genetically inheritable, especially with the people early on selling fake ones. I think it's a really cool morph. I haven't heard anything bad about it as far as causing health issues or something of that nature. If breeder's circle is still working with it all this time later, I'd imagine something like that would have been disclosed by now if it were causing health issues.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-16-2021)

Thanks

Re: Shatter morph question

Thanks nikkubus! I assumed it was because they could be difficult to identify especially when combined with multiple other visuals - and therefore difficult to sell as 'shatter'. Myself personally I'd just be interested in what I could produce for myself so less concerned with having definitive visual proof that the offspring were shatter. Got to love that smudging, and thought I saw in one video that it can produce almost yellow belly like visual? Super keen to make myself (or just see someone else's) shatter clown (if possible).

As long as I haven't missed some lethal combo possibility with it I'm happy

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks
    Well if you check all of the sold and currently for sale Shatter morphs on MorphMarket(https://bit.ly/38KqAqY) the total comes to 97. So not a lot of people have done much with this morph. Hey sounds like you have a lot to gain by using it in your projects. I like the Banana Shatter Calico combo that looks sick!
    Checkout my YouTube channel! I post Ball Python Morph Combo videos daily: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXr...7cOR5pcCONzvtA