Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,815

0 members and 2,815 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,816 Times in 11,840 Posts
    Glad you gave it a dab of Betadine- if it actually is a splinter, a surface opening may still be there even if you can't see it- & snake scales make it a challenge to see also. Good luck!
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Re: lil red spot near spine, need identifying

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomall View Post
    checked now: the spot is still quite red and is BARELY puffy. you can barely tell there's a lil bit of a bump. it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.
    I took a little cotton round and dabbed it in water and betadine and very lightly gave the spot a little dab. I didn't want to risk infection, especially if there was an open spot for bacteria to get in. He doesn't react when I touch it, no twitching or the thing where ball pythons are like "ew get away" and pull their scales away from your fingers. he has no other spots on his belly, body, head, neck, tail, or anything like that. other than that one spot he's a perfect lil bel.
    he also yawned while I was handling him and I didn't see any excess saliva in his mouth.

I suppose I'll just keep an eye on it for now, he'll probably heal it on his own. if it's still there in a month, I'll take him to the vet. I don't see anything getting worse.

well I'm glad he's getting better! or she, whatever gender your BEL is. anyways it's a good idea to take them to the vet, but keep an eye on it, if it starts getting worse and not any better in 2-3 weeks then you might have to take them in, waiting a full month if it starts getting worse and you ignore it until a month has passed can be dangerous, though I doubt you would do that! hope your snake gets well soon!
    Be kind, and inspire others to be kind.

Registered User BlueOrleans1290's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: lil red spot near spine, need identifying

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomall View Post
    checked now: the spot is still quite red and is BARELY puffy. you can barely tell there's a lil bit of a bump. it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.
    I took a little cotton round and dabbed it in water and betadine and very lightly gave the spot a little dab. I didn't want to risk infection, especially if there was an open spot for bacteria to get in. He doesn't react when I touch it, no twitching or the thing where ball pythons are like "ew get away" and pull their scales away from your fingers. he has no other spots on his belly, body, head, neck, tail, or anything like that. other than that one spot he's a perfect lil bel.
    he also yawned while I was handling him and I didn't see any excess saliva in his mouth.

I suppose I'll just keep an eye on it for now, he'll probably heal it on his own. if it's still there in a month, I'll take him to the vet. I don't see anything getting worse.
    Sounds good to me. I'm glad he wasn't doing the 'eww get away thing. I hope it goes away soon. Your temps and everything sounds perfect, so I see no harm in that. Good luck!
    You are what you give

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12