Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,062

2 members and 3,060 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Registered User BlueOrleans1290's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Beans is being stubborn, or just picky.

Quote Originally Posted by BoopsTheBallPython View Post
    ANNOUNCEMENT! today Beans was showing since of wanting food so we picked up some smaller food items because we found out the rat we were using was to big and we offered him the food AND HE IS EATING RIGHT NOW!!!!! I want to thank all of you for helping me with how to get him to eat I thank you so so much because I no longer have to worry! and don't you worry because I will not be touching him and handling him yet!
    What size were you trying to feed with originally? Just curious, lots of people say different things lol. Also congrats! So happy for you and your Mr.Beans! I hope it stays this way!
    You are what you give

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueOrleans1290 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-20-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,740 Times in 11,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOrleans1290 View Post
    What size were you trying to feed with originally? Just curious, lots of people say different things lol. Also congrats! So happy for you and your Mr.Beans! I hope it stays this way!
    It might also have been the change from rat to mice that got him to eat- many BPs have preferences. But...it's done now, water under the bridge.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    It might also have been the change from rat to mice that got him to eat- many BPs have preferences. But...it's done now, water under the bridge.
    Oh yes! That is oh so true, I was just wondering for my own references too, I enjoy collecting information. Especially if I can use it eventually to help anyone else
    You are what you give

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post

we think that he wouldn't eat because the rat we had was way bigger than the mice we had, we also now have to remember to get him black mice because some BP's will only like a certain colored piece of food which is REALLY weird!
    Be kind, and inspire others to be kind.

Thanks

yeah, the first one was a "rat pup"" but it defiantly was not a baby, it was bigger than an adult mouse, or I'm being stupid and that's how the babies are sized, but it didn't look like a baby. we went and got him 2 baby fancy mice and that filled him up! he really likes fancy mice now, the first one it took him like 10 minutes to finally strike at but the second one took like 1 minute!
    and I never really thought of Mr.Beans, I call him Beans because when we first got him he was really curious and I would always call things that are curious a "Curious Bean" so I was like OH MY GOSH HIS NAME IS BEANS!
    Last edited by BeansTheDerp; 02-20-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeansTheDerp View Post
    yeah, the first one was a "rat pup"" but it defiantly was not a baby, it was bigger than an adult mouse, or I'm being stupid and that's how the babies are sized, but it didn't look like a baby. we went and got him 2 baby fancy mice and that filled him up! he really likes fancy mice now, the first one it took him like 10 minutes to finally strike at but the second one took like 1 minute!
    and I never really thought of Mr.Beans, I call him Beans because when we first got him he was really curious and I would always call things that are curious a "Curious Bean" so I was like OH MY GOSH HIS NAME IS BEANS!
    Haha! Thats so cute. I'm so happy for you and your snake. It tickles me to hear of someone having such passion for their animal. I love it
    You are what you give

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueOrleans1290 For This Useful Post:

BeansTheDerp (02-20-2021),Bogertophis (02-20-2021)

Thanks

my dog is jealous, he's usually the one who gets the love and attention. he even gives me the stink eye if he sees me cooing over Beans. he has this look on his face like, "why have you betrayed me, why....." but when he got to sniff Beans his tail was just-a-wagging and Beans was trying to crawl on him. my cat once snuck in my room and tried to kill Beans though so he got a light bonk in the head and got kicked out of my room. lol Beans was ok though! didn't even leave a scratch!

Thanks

my dog is jealous, he's usually the one who gets the love and attention. he even gives me the stink eye if he sees me cooing over Beans. he has this look on his face like, "why have you betrayed me, why....." but when he got to sniff Beans his tail was just-a-wagging and Beans was trying to crawl on him. my cat once snuck in my room and tried to kill Beans though so he got a light bonk in the head and got kicked out of my room. lol Beans was ok though! didn't even leave a scratch!
    Kitty was just like "um.. but isn't that food?"
    When my reptiles refuse meals I give it to our outdoor cat so it isn't wasted lol. Sometimes she's like "ew gros mom why?" And other times she takes it
    You are what you give

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueOrleans1290 For This Useful Post:

BeansTheDerp (02-20-2021)

Thanks

My dog, his name is Asher

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BeansTheDerp For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-20-2021)

Thanks

My dog, his name is Asher

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
    Aww he's so cute! He looks similar to my dog lol. Such a big happy fam over there. Gotta love the fur babies and the scaled ones
    You are what you give

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast