Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,137

1 members and 3,136 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Juvenile bp finally ate after 3 months!

I’m very happy to announce that Zuko my 1 and a half year old ball python ate tonight. I know that one meal after a feeding pause doesn’t mean everything is suddenly fine and back to normal, he definitely needs to put weight on which may take a month or two of feedings but I’m very happy with today’s victory. The last 3 nights he’s been more active than usual so I offered the food just a little before the time he’s been coming out. He seemed very interested and S curled but still didn’t strike so I returned the rat to it’s baggy and waited for him to actually come out to try again. I felt like I should just leave it and accept the failed attempt but I decided I would get the rat warm again and then “brain” it. I have never done this so I felt strange and hesitant but I wanted to give it one last chance before wasting the rat and watching Zuko miss another meal ): He was still out crawling so I left the brained rat on a large rock I have in the enclosure. I peeked after two hours and the rat was gone! He’s curled up in his warm house now and my anxiety has eased a bit. Great Valentine’s Day gift for a worried snake parent 😆

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Congrats! Glad that did the trick for you.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose