Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,957

1 members and 1,956 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts
    Thanks, y'all! She's fairly calm indeed. A little jumpy getting a hook on her, but once she's out of the tub and I quickly get a hand under her she's pretty chill. Only handled maybe a handful of times since she's been here but hasn't even postured for a strike the last couple times. Confidence when interacting prevents many a mishap.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 492 Posts

Re: 2020 0.1 Jungle Carpet Python Progression

She's looking great! Glad to see that she's continuing to settle in well and mellow out a little.
    0.1 Sonoran Boa sigma​: "Adelita" ('19 Hypo het. leopard)
    1.0 Boa imperator longicauda: "Kuzco" ('19 het. anery)
    0.1 West Papuan Morelia spilota​: "Pandora" ('20)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WrongPython For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-16-2021)

Thanks

Can’t wait for her to be in a bigger enclosure. Every single night and morning she ascends and descends her perches at the same exact time. 7pm +/- 10 minutes she goes up and stares at the floor for 12hrs, then comes down just as the sun comes up at 7am currently. Could set my watch by it. Love it.
    MM4L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-17-2021),EL-Ziggy (03-17-2021),Gio (03-17-2021),WrongPython (03-17-2021)

Thanks

So bright I feel like I could get a tan while holding her. A little spicy still too. I kinda asked for it by touching her tail with a single extended finger. Big open mouth headbutt that didn’t even break skin. Been handling very sparsely and I’m sure if I worked with her a few times a week she’d calm right down. By no means an aggressive animal though.
    MM4L

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Alicia (03-22-2021),aurum (03-21-2021),dakski (03-21-2021),EL-Ziggy (03-21-2021),Gio (03-22-2021),Hugsplox (03-22-2021),Kam (03-22-2021),WrongPython (03-21-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Very good looking critter, I look forward to seeing here in the AP display cage.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-22-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Very good looking critter, I look forward to seeing here in the AP display cage.
    You and me both, brother! Given her highly arboreal nightly routine she may get one of the 2’ tall cages. Nearing the end of the lead time on my new enclosures so I may be shuffling critters around once those get here and the semester wraps up for me. Will be a nice way to reward myself after a busy academic year

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (03-22-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    You and me both, brother! Given her highly arboreal nightly routine she may get one of the 2’ tall cages. Nearing the end of the lead time on my new enclosures so I may be shuffling critters around once those get here and the semester wraps up for me. Will be a nice way to reward myself after a busy academic year

She looks great man, still making me want to jump on the carpet train.

Speaking of the end of your lead time. I called AP today because I'm about a month past what they estimated. Super polite, but she did say she had to "put me back in the works" whatever that means. She promised my enclosure would ship in the next few days, but made me a little nervous with her wording. Regardless, I'd call just to double check on your order.
    Last edited by Hugsplox; 03-22-2021 at 05:01 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-22-2021)

Thanks

2020 0.1 Jungle Carpet Python Progression

Quote Originally Posted by Hugsplox View Post
    She looks great man, still making me want to jump on the carpet train.

Speaking of the end of your lead time. I called AP today because I'm about a month past what they estimated. Super polite, but she did say she had to "put me back in the works" whatever that means. She promised my enclosure would ship in the next few days, but made me a little nervous with her wording. Regardless, I'd call just to double check on your order.
    Jump on it! The Morelia Mafia is growing stronger by the day!

My most recent cage order was with Herptastic. 4’x2.5’x1.5’ with RHPs and shelves(x3 cages). I messaged them at the 10 week mark last week and they said most orders are still running 10-12.

I love the AP cages I do have, they’re fantastic enclosures, I just can’t justify waiting 7+ months for a product. My last cage from them was in 2017 when they were still quoting 10-12weeks and it took 25weeks... I ordered in March and got it in September. I had moved states at that point and the best they offered was to pay the difference in shipping.

Last edited by jmcrook; 03-22-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Jump on it! The Morelia Mafia is growing stronger by the day!

My most recent cage order was with Herptastic. 4’x2.5’x1.5’ with RHPs and shelves(x3 cages). I messaged them at the 10 week mark last week and they said most orders are still running 10-12.

I love the AP cages I do have, they’re fantastic enclosures, I just can’t justify waiting 7+ months for a product. My last cage from them was in 2017 when they were still quoting 10-12weeks and it took 25weeks... I ordered in March and got it in September. I had moved states at that point and the best they offered was to pay the difference in shipping.

I’m seriously considering it, just want to do some more research first. Plus I’ve been tearing up Morelia python radio trying to learn as much as I can before I take the plunge.

I’ll check out herptastic though, AP did throw in some cage locks that I forgot to add and was trying to put for, and was super apologetic about the wait but still, I’m at the 8 month mark.

I’ve seen some differences of opinion but, if I did want to go ahead and put in an order, after quarantine do carpets do well in an adult enclosure when young, or is it better to move them up overtime like some other snakes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hugsplox View Post
    I’m seriously considering it, just want to do some more research first. Plus I’ve been tearing up Morelia python radio trying to learn as much as I can before I take the plunge.

I’ll check out herptastic though, AP did throw in some cage locks that I forgot to add and was trying to put for, and was super apologetic about the wait but still, I’m at the 8 month mark.

I’ve seen some differences of opinion but, if I did want to go ahead and put in an order, after quarantine do carpets do well in an adult enclosure when young, or is it better to move them up overtime like some other snakes?

Fantastic! I highly suggest the Carpet Python Round Table episode with Steven Katz and Riley Jimison (and maybe another guest I’m forgetting?). Lots of good info all around. And the Bredli Round Table is great too. Honestly can’t think of a bad episode. I listen almost daily through their back catalog. Happy to suggest some specific episodes as I think of them.

I’ve been moving mine up gradually as I have a number of different tub and enclosure sizes in my room available at any time. It can certainly vary between individual animals, but I know that some other Morelia folks here have gone right into adult enclosures with lots of clutter and hides with no issues. My 2-3yo carpets are in a divided T8 currently. May move them to a divided T25 next or maybe even go right into their adult cages when they arrive.

I just personally like smaller enclosures and moving up gradually as it’s easier for me when spot cleaning and making my rounds through my snake room. I don’t like sifting through tons of substrate hunting for bowel movements and a smaller, but still adequate floor space helps in that regard.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (03-22-2021)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast