Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 615

1 members and 614 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Knobtail won't leave warm side

Hey so my levis levis doesn't seem to leave the warm side of the enclosure. He just stays there all the time and doesn't dig tunnels in the cool side. Its moist and temps are right but he just chills in the warm hide. Im afraid he will get dehydrated even tho I mist him. Any ideas to solve this?

Thanks

Re: Knobtail won't leave warm side

maybe once in a while put ice cubes in his water and move it to the warm side near the cave, I think he's just cozy and doesn't want to move. just like sometimes when you are so comfortable in bed you don't want to get out.
    Be kind, and inspire others to be kind.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoopsTheBallPython View Post
    maybe once in a while put ice cubes in his water and move it to the warm side near the cave, I think he's just cozy and doesn't want to move. just like sometimes when you are so comfortable in bed you don't want to get out.
    How did you know I like to stay in bed? Lol. Ya I get ya. I actually didn't leave a water dish with him as he just spills it everywhere. I do mist the cool side and keep him misted aswell tho

Thanks

yeah, my cat likes to flail water all over the place. if misting seems to work then that should be good. eventually he might come to the realization that he needs water. but I have no idea. I'm sure pretty much every single human being has wanted to stay in bed at least 10000 times. lol just keep doing what works best, maybe research and try to find a solution. I hope you get your gecko to get some water. but maybe the cold side is a bit to cold? that could be a reason. anyway, good luck to you and your knobtail!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoopsTheBallPython View Post
    yeah, my cat likes to flail water all over the place. if misting seems to work then that should be good. eventually he might come to the realization that he needs water. but I have no idea. I'm sure pretty much every single human being has wanted to stay in bed at least 10000 times. lol just keep doing what works best, maybe research and try to find a solution. I hope you get your gecko to get some water. but maybe the cold side is a bit to cold? that could be a reason. anyway, good luck to you and your knobtail!
    Thanks a million. I'll keep an eye on the temps and play around a bit. Thank you

Thanks

no problemo my friend!