Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,005

3 members and 2,002 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Regurgitation or Poop?

Background: Hello, my. ball python regurgitated a little over a month ago. I believe it was a combo of too big a mean and low temps. I have since fixed temp hot side [88-90] and cool side/ ambient around 80.
    I gave him 2 weeks and fed a mouse hopper and 10 days later another hopper which he ate fine.

He weighs about 200 grams and his most recent meal was an adult Frozen Thawed mouse (package said it weiged about 18 grams). The meal was bigger than usual [previously used to eat rat ruzzies] but not anything too large.
    My only concern was that he stayed in his cold side the entire time which he did last time he regurgitated.
    This was on the 19th and 3 days later I would see him roaming again at night. He has even had a urate. I happened to see this poop tonight (on the 25th, so 6 days later) and went to clean it. Does not look like a regurgitation to me but not entirely like a normal poop. Looked like poop but with a bit more texture, maybe just cypress, and no discernable mouse parts at all.Smell was maybe a bit more "sour" smelling than a regular poop, which scared me, but not the unbearable scent I've heard people say a regurgitation is.

So am I just a bit paranoid or do you guys think this is a regurgitation 6 days later? I was planning on feeding him tomorrow so let me know as soon as you can.

Appreciate all the help and sorry for all the words!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts
    Looks like feces to me, the "texture" is probably fur...it's not very digestible & sometimes shows up in stool in clumps or ringlets mixed in. Smell of regurgitation is hard to mistake, sour & makes you want to gag, so I think he's okay. Their stool doesn't always smell exactly the same, but you'll know if it came out the other end.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

ManMan42 (01-25-2021)

Thanks

Re: Regurgitation or Poop?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Looks like feces to me, the "texture" is probably fur...it's not very digestible & sometimes shows up in stool in clumps or ringlets mixed in. Smell of regurgitation is hard to mistake, sour & makes you want to gag, so I think he's okay. Their stool doesn't always smell exactly the same, but you'll know if it came out the other end.
    Thank you, looked back after posting and thought I seemed a bit too paranoid, just want to make sure I don't hurt him!
    Also, I am pretty new to this forum but have read a lot of your posts giving out good advice so I hoped you would reply to me too lol. Appreciate the quick response

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts
    Happy to help...it's not "paranoid", it's being a good & caring pet owner. Asking questions is the best way to learn & reassure yourself.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (01-25-2021),ManMan42 (01-25-2021)