Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,065

2 members and 3,063 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: ? about HIDES

Thanks

? about HIDES

Okay Here's another one about hides.....Snoopy's out grown the wood one that I had from my other snake, so I bought a plastic box from Wally World. Right size, but very translucent blue. Not opaque/private enough. Snoopy won't use it.

Here's the question: How much endangerment for Snoopy if I paint the outside with white latex paint???? Once it's dry and cured, it's safe to be cleaned and wiped. I specifically bought this type of paint for my kitchen cabinets/shelves when I was prepping for a commercial in-home baked goods business. I know it can be wiped and sanitized, but I don't want to expose her to something that may be toxic. Once it's cured, wouldn't it be minimal risk to Snoopy?????

It would really be the PITS to find out that she's been made ill by the paint, AFTER I've done the work and put it back into her tank.

Ppl's insight and comments are always appreciated.

Thanks!

RuLyn
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

Re: ? about HIDES

What ive done for my boa was to just cover the hide in newspaper. You can leave it loose on top of it or tape it down with a few pieces of tape. When cleaning time comes remove newspaper and tape.

Another easy hide is just to crumple up some newspaper. Theyll go under it if they are seeking a place to hide out.

Just a thought

Bryan