Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,955

0 members and 2,955 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,740 Times in 11,797 Posts

Re: Personal funny reptile moments

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Albino Spectacled Cobra being harassed by a FLY !

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLswXXVg...=1phpxw9unn6kg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I think that should be posted as a "no-fly zone"-
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

nikkubus (02-25-2021),Skyrivers (12-15-2021),Zincubus (02-25-2021)

Thanks

I just watched my snake crawl on top of his warm hide and put his head in the air to get a view, and fall down. then look and where he was before like. ".......wat. I- I-I though I was.... never mind." then crawl up to me and stared at me so I booped his nose for the tenth time. then after a while of looking at me for a bit more he went back to trying to crawl on top of his hide. then I just picked him up and put him somewhere else and he got the hint to stop doing that because every time he does he ends up going so high in the air trying to get a view that he runs out of lower weight to center him and falls down.
    Be kind, and inspire others to be kind.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeansTheDerp For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-25-2021),nikkubus (02-25-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts
    He slinked back into his hide before I could get my phone out in time, but my BP Stormtrooper-aimed his meal again today and got his coils around the main body, but missed the head completely after the initial strike. I look at him while I'm putting the lid back on and he had only a front paw in his mouth as if to say "...Yeah this still works right?"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-25-2021),nikkubus (02-25-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    He slinked back into his hide before I could get my phone out in time, but my BP Stormtrooper-aimed his meal again today and got his coils around the main body, but missed the head completely after the initial strike. I look at him while I'm putting the lid back on and he had only a front paw in his mouth as if to say "...Yeah this still works right?"
    It always amazes me how some snakes can be so stubborn, hanging onto a foot & wondering why they can't swallow what they caught- So is he eating or did he give up?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    It always amazes me how some snakes can be so stubborn, hanging onto a foot & wondering why they can't swallow what they caught- So is he eating or did he give up?
    Oh he ate it alright. He was only like that for the "kill" and had already started to drag it inside the hide to swallow by the time I turned around.

In fact I checked on him again just now and he was back to looking out of the hide and snapping his head to look at me hoping that I had more. Greedy little glutton.

Thanks

Oh he ate it alright. He was only like that for the "kill" and had already started to drag it inside the hide to swallow by the time I turned around.

In fact I checked on him again just now and he was back to looking out of the hide and snapping his head to look at me hoping that I had more. Greedy little glutton.
    Good snake- he got it done! I wouldn't take off too many points for style... I've had tail-grabbers too.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 02-25-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks
    Necroing this. My BP was strangely active last night, repeatedly rising up to the top of the cage screen and acting like he was attempting an escape. Wasn't until tonight I realized why. His weekly meal was two whole days late.

His strikes when I got the rat ready were so powerful and off the mark I was half expecting to have my hand tagged by accident, and when he finally did land he grabbed it so hard that there was still a piece of fur stuck to the tongs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-03-2021)

Thanks
    I had another realization. The rat pups he's been eating are WAY too small for him now (I bought them in bulk). He's over 500 grams and should be eating two sizes higher.

There's only one of them left at least, then I have a few 50 gram rats in the freezer that I erroneously bought a while ago when he was too small for them.

Thanks

I had another realization. The rat pups he's been eating are WAY too small for him now (I bought them in bulk). He's over 500 grams and should be eating two sizes higher.

There's only one of them left at least, then I have a few 50 gram rats in the freezer that I erroneously bought a while ago when he was too small for them.
    Yeah, that sure WOULD explain his "enthusiasm".

Thanks
    Due to my BP's shenanigans this thread is rising from its grave once again.

Like many enclosures he has a pair of thermometer/hydrometers sitting inside on either end. Well, mine have a touchscreen feature to change between Fahrenheit and Celsius. Lately he's become more active during the night (I've even seen him completely out and about), and during his evening forays he's started a habit of bumping into them and somehow pushing the screen in just the exact spot to change the temperature readings so I come downstairs the next morning to see one side of the enclosure is "in the 20's" and have a mini panic attack. Of course, rationally, that'd be impossible as it's not even that cold outside yet and would certainly never be that cold indoors, but it still gets me in the split-second moment of shock.

In short, he's unintentionally giving me heart attacks just by moving around.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 12-14-2021 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typo

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Erie_herps (12-15-2021),Mr. Misha (12-14-2021)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast