Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,309

1 members and 1,308 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,824 Times in 11,843 Posts

Re: What is Your Dream Reptile?

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    But one thing that sticks out in my mind is that, well, I want to adopt a rescue someday. To have that satisfaction of giving an unloved, unwanted snake a new home. Everyone goes on about dogs and cats needing homes, which is undeniably true. But imagine how difficult it is for something like a BCI to find a home in a world where many despise it on principle and yet more are completely ignorant as to their proper care.
    Exactly. Years ago I took in an unwanted yearling BCI & had her for many years- she had changed homes a number of times in her first year, because everyone was afraid of her- she was very frightened so she bit everyone, or tried, & managed to scare off everyone but me, lol. I knew she was just defensive, & with a little patience & snake-psychology, she never bit me even once in all the years she was my snake- but she sure wanted to & tried to at first! She'd have been harder to work with if she'd been bigger, but it's hard to scare me with a 30" snake. I truly felt sorry for her too, being bounced around so many times- it took me a while to mellow her out, but she got there- nothing but a big cuddler is what she turned into. And no matter how much fun it is to pick out your dream snakes, there's always something VERY special about those you "rescue"- they often end up having unique personalities too. All my dogs have always been rescues too.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Snagrio (01-22-2021)

Thanks

Re: What is Your Dream Reptile?

my dad really wants a Brazilian rainbow boa. but I have a really lame want.... I WANT A BUNCH OF BPs lol I'm getting a normal male BP soon, but I want a cute little piebald that I would name peanut after the brown (brown and white piebald) spots! my brother thinks Hognose are cool but I have no idea about my mom.
    Be kind, and inspire others to be kind.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BeansTheDerp For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-23-2021)

Thanks
    Say, I just realized that we never heard from mlededee- what's YOUR dream reptile? Anything on your list?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My dream is more of an ecosystem type building that would house a variety of species. Something like a butterfly aviary, built and planted to replicate a rainforest habitat. It would have native plants, water features, and would generally replicate the weather of the area it is modeled after (except for any violent or extreme weather). So, a recreation of a specific natural habitat as much as possible.

Inside of the habitat would live smaller gecko and lizard species from that habitat, as well as butterflies. There would be paths throughout, but the general feeling would be that you are walking through a piece of rainforest and enjoying the flora and a small selection of fauna.

I haven’t settled on which piece of rainforest I would be recreating. There are a lot of good choices, but not all of the lizard species I would like to have come from the same places. Obviously there are a lot of logistics to something like this, but that’s why it’s a dream situation.
    Last edited by mlededee; 01-24-2021 at 02:57 AM.
    - Emily

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-24-2021),nikkubus (01-24-2021)

Thanks
    That would be awesome! What a great idea.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts
    If I ever branch out from snakes and am looking for a challenge, an ackie monitor would be an interesting prospect. The grandeur and awe of a monitor, without having to surrender half your house to accommodate it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-20-2021),nikkubus (02-20-2021)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345