Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 174

3 members and 171 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 03:30 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 70,680
Threads: 244,756
Posts: 2,537,638
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Goodnight.june
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46
  1. #31
    Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,056
    Thanks
    19,741
    Thanked 12,037 Times in 7,580 Posts

    Re: What is Your Dream Reptile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Many of mine have been said and there are some great picks on this thread!!

    However, my current dream and hopefully soon attainable animal is a bells phase lace monitor ! I just love the contrasting black and white and find them gorgeous and fascinating.

    Iíve cut my teeth so to speak in the last year as Iím raising a baby white throat monitor. Iíve had my two quince monitors for 2.5 years now or so and wanted bigger and boy did I get bigger my guy is a chunker but a sweetheart.

    a croc monitor is also on my short list but they do worry me a bit. If I could get a captive born baby out of the egg I think I would give it a go!!

    my dream snake right now would have to be an eastern indigo
    Hey, long time no see here! We'd love to hear more about your monitors when you find time.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

  2. #32
    BPnet Veteran Phillydubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-04-2018
    Posts
    1,284
    Thanks
    509
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 666 Posts

    Re: What is Your Dream Reptile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Hey, long time no see here! We'd love to hear more about your monitors when you find time.
    thank you! Miss you guys! I post here and there and lurk more than I post these days!! Call me lazy I suppose and or busy! My collection has grown quite a bit from the list below. I should update that.

    I am happy to answer any questions you may have or whatever you want to know. Iím learning every day and by no means an expert but they are all thriving and Iím having fun so what the hey right ??

    good to hear from you as well. Always love your thoughtful and well said posts and comments.
    1.0 - Cinnamon Banana Ball Python (Thunder)
    1.0 - Yellow Belly High White Pied Ball Python (Pretty Fly For A White Guy)
    0.1 - Cinnamon GHI Ball Python (Leslie Snipes)
    1.0 - Dumerils Boa (Sushi)
    0.1 - Caye Caulker Boa (Lady Liberty)
    0.0.? - Mandarin Rat Snake (Bumble)
    1.0 - Mexican Black King (Rico Suave)
    1.0 - Black Tail Cribo (Goldar)
    0.1 - Jaguar Carpet Python (Cookie)
    1.0 - Vietnamese Blue Beauty (Elsa)
    1.0 - Green Tree Python (Banner)
    0.2 - Yellow/Quince Monitors (Blanche & Dorothy)

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Phillydubs For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (01-16-2021)

  4. #33
    BPnet Royalty Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    6,503
    Thanks
    2,387
    Thanked 4,428 Times in 2,740 Posts

    Re: What is Your Dream Reptile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post

    We'd love to hear more about your monitors when you find time.
    Well Iíve got a newish , black , widescreen one for our main computer and an older type monitor for the second pc plus a few really old monitors in the attic ..



    Sorry I couldnít resist ...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro




  5. #34
    Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,056
    Thanks
    19,741
    Thanked 12,037 Times in 7,580 Posts

    Re: What is Your Dream Reptile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Well I’ve got a newish , black , widescreen one for our main computer and an older type monitor for the second pc plus a few really old monitors in the attic ..



    Sorry I couldn’t resist ...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You have me beat, I only have 2.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 01-17-2021 at 11:46 AM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

    Zincubus (01-17-2021)

  7. #35
    BPnet Veteran nikkubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-20-2018
    Posts
    297
    Thanks
    825
    Thanked 344 Times in 196 Posts
    Boelens hands down. I already got one of my dreams for a long time, pure Kalatoa Retics. Pure Karompa Retics are certainly up high at the top but it's going to a be a good long while if ever those are available to the public here unless they overturn that import ban. Crossing my fingers that Garrett Hartle has some luck. I'd also really love to have a mainland, but I just don't see that happening for me. It's a very long commitment not just by me, but some other person to help me handle it. I just don't feel good about handling that big of a snake alone no matter how docile it acts. It just takes one time for an animal to get spooked and attack out of fear. I've been keeping snakes for 26 years, most of that a large number and not just a single animal, and in all that time I've NEVER gotten tagged by an adult! I trust my ability to read them a lot, but I'm just not willing to take that risk. Some day I'm being careless I could get surprised, especially as I age. My idiot moments seem to be multiplying every year. Same reason I don't do hots, despite absolutely loving cobras and bush vipers. Now if I could take a magic pill to stop aging entirely, then maybe!
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (01-19-2021),Phillydubs (01-19-2021)

  9. #36
    BPnet Veteran Phillydubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-04-2018
    Posts
    1,284
    Thanks
    509
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 666 Posts

    Re: What is Your Dream Reptile?

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Boelens hands down. I already got one of my dreams for a long time, pure Kalatoa Retics. Pure Karompa Retics are certainly up high at the top but it's going to a be a good long while if ever those are available to the public here unless they overturn that import ban. Crossing my fingers that Garrett Hartle has some luck. I'd also really love to have a mainland, but I just don't see that happening for me. It's a very long commitment not just by me, but some other person to help me handle it. I just don't feel good about handling that big of a snake alone no matter how docile it acts. It just takes one time for an animal to get spooked and attack out of fear. I've been keeping snakes for 26 years, most of that a large number and not just a single animal, and in all that time I've NEVER gotten tagged by an adult! I trust my ability to read them a lot, but I'm just not willing to take that risk. Some day I'm being careless I could get surprised, especially as I age. My idiot moments seem to be multiplying every year. Same reason I don't do hots, despite absolutely loving cobras and bush vipers. Now if I could take a magic pill to stop aging entirely, then maybe!
    I agree with so much of what you said here !! Sounds like you really thought about it and have a good approach so Iíd stick with it and tend to agree on all fronts.
    1.0 - Cinnamon Banana Ball Python (Thunder)
    1.0 - Yellow Belly High White Pied Ball Python (Pretty Fly For A White Guy)
    0.1 - Cinnamon GHI Ball Python (Leslie Snipes)
    1.0 - Dumerils Boa (Sushi)
    0.1 - Caye Caulker Boa (Lady Liberty)
    0.0.? - Mandarin Rat Snake (Bumble)
    1.0 - Mexican Black King (Rico Suave)
    1.0 - Black Tail Cribo (Goldar)
    0.1 - Jaguar Carpet Python (Cookie)
    1.0 - Vietnamese Blue Beauty (Elsa)
    1.0 - Green Tree Python (Banner)
    0.2 - Yellow/Quince Monitors (Blanche & Dorothy)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phillydubs For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (01-19-2021)

  11. #37
    Registered User Husbandry.Pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-19-2021
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: What is Your Dream Reptile?

    Mine is a strange one. I currently keep alot of species, but about 30+ years ago I had a pair of Sceloporus Poinsettii - Crevice Spiney Lizard - Would love to add a couple to the collection.

    I've been searching for a while, but they just aren't common anymore - at least not in Canada

    Husbandry.Pro
    Professional Reptile Tracking Software


    https://husbandry.pro

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Husbandry.Pro For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (01-20-2021)

  13. #38
    Registered User Snagrio's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-11-2020
    Posts
    285
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 214 Times in 108 Posts
    Going to kind of cheat with this question and go with something I could feasibly get eventually and not so much a "never ever."

    Vietnamese blue beauty rat snake. Probably not as grand as other dreams here I'm aware but considering I only just got into reptiles again last year, an oversized rat snake seems my speed. And they are gorgeous.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (01-22-2021),jmcrook (01-22-2021)

  15. #39
    Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,056
    Thanks
    19,741
    Thanked 12,037 Times in 7,580 Posts

    Re: What is Your Dream Reptile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    Going to kind of cheat with this question and go with something I could feasibly get eventually and not so much a "never ever."

    Vietnamese blue beauty rat snake. Probably not as grand as other dreams here I'm aware but considering I only just got into reptiles again last year, an oversized rat snake seems my speed. And they are gorgeous.
    There's nothing wrong with "do-able" dreams. And you're most likely to get a hatchling, so it will grow up with you...you'll have plenty of time to adjust before it's "oversized". I used to raise & keep Taiwan Beauty rat snakes- very similar, gold colors with black- very pretty- they get big, but I didn't find them to be that difficult- not really biters- just fast & active snakes with great appetites.
    I love all kinds of rat snakes...they're active & interesting, & normally very easy to feed.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

  16. #40
    Registered User Snagrio's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-11-2020
    Posts
    285
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 214 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: What is Your Dream Reptile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    There's nothing wrong with "do-able" dreams. And you're most likely to get a hatchling, so it will grow up with you...you'll have plenty of time to adjust before it's "oversized". I used to raise & keep Taiwan Beauty rat snakes- very similar, gold colors with black- very pretty- they get big, but I didn't find them to be that difficult- not really biters- just fast & active snakes with great appetites.
    I love all kinds of rat snakes...they're active & interesting, & normally very easy to feed.
    My thoughts are very all over the place in general as to where I'd like to go from here regarding snakes. A VBBRS would be something of a "crown jewel" so to speak.

    Other dreams would be a GHI Mojave BP (preferably female as I have a naming convention in mind with future snakes), some kind of corn snake morph, and possibly others.

    But one thing that sticks out in my mind is that, well, I want to adopt a rescue someday. To have that satisfaction of giving an unloved, unwanted snake a new home. Everyone goes on about dogs and cats needing homes, which is undeniably true. But imagine how difficult it is for something like a BCI to find a home in a world where many despise it on principle and yet more are completely ignorant as to their proper care.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (01-22-2021)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1