My Brooks Kingsnake has been taking oral antibiotics (0.05ml // every other day) for a chronic infection for the past 2 weeks or so and plans to take them for a full month. He had taken this type before (1.5 ml // every other day) for two weeks previously (3-4 weeks prior), but wasn't enough. I haven't had much of a problem, and most of the time he takes it well, with an occasional one not deep enough and some getting out of his mouth. I always make sure to go past the glottis though. He usually drinks water after he gets his meds.

Within the past week, before even giving the medicine, he has these little head tremors, like jerking his head back every 1-2 seconds. It happens when I get him out of his tank (usually when I get him from one of his hides) and only lasts about 15-20 seconds. They are not violent, just concerning. He has also been going back in his tank after meds and rubs his face on everything for a minute or so.

Today, he got his medicine and a little leaked out of his mouth. He sneezed a few times and a few small bubbles came from his nose, which has never happened before. The antibiotics are for a chronic infection, but not anything respiratory related. He also started to move his head in a way as if he was drinking water.

Also might be important to note, he's taking the same medicine as before, but this bottle I have now lasts a month, whereas the last one lasted 2 weeks. The first bottle smelled like nothing pretty much and wasn't strong. The one I have now smells strong of caramel and tastes horrible (tasted it by accident). He also doesn't open his mouth all the way as easy as before with this medication. I make sure to wash the syringe and make sure he tastes as least as possible.

He is currently back in his little cave. I am just worried about administering the medication wrong and potentially hurting him. I also know part of it could be stress, and I am not handling him when I don't have to while he's on meds. Any advice or questions are welcome.