Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,046

0 members and 2,046 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Boaphile enclosure arrived damaged

I ordered a 6322D Combo Cage from Boaphile Plastics for Christmas. I opened up the boxes yesterday only to find a hand size hole smashed in the back panel of the left unit. Thanks Fedex. Of course it had to be the unit that had the heat panel and fluorescent light installed in it.

I emailed the owner of Boaphile plastics with pictures attached explaining the situation to see if I could possibly get a replacement unit, but I haven't gotten a response yet. I'm also going to file a damage claim with Fedex but I have little hope of getting reimbursement from them.

I guess my main question to everyone is, have you had a similar experience with Boaphile Plastics and did they replace your damaged goods? I know the owner prefers to talk on the phone, but I think they've been closed for the holidays. I'm planning to try again on Monday.

If I don't have any hope of getting a reimbursement or replacement unit, does anyone have any ideas on how to patch the hole to possibly make the unit useable? It's an amazing enclosure other than the hole.

Thanks so much!
    1.0 Normal ball python (Buddy)
    0.1 Colombian boa (Tina)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kath_ For This Useful Post:

Kam (01-01-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts
    Oh, that's just awful! I'm sure they're just closed for the holiday though, wait & see what they say- they should have sent this with insurance (& I would assume they did). I would NOT try to repair it*, you'll never be happy with it, & the heat panel (etc) might also be damaged, if Fedex plowed into this box hard enough to put a hole in the unit. *Unless they replace it without having you send it back? We'll cross that bridge once you come to it.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 01-01-2021 at 09:26 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

kath_ (01-01-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts

Re: Boaphile enclosure arrived damaged

Quote Originally Posted by kath_ View Post
    I'm also going to file a damage claim with Fedex but I have little hope of getting reimbursement from them.
    Was the packaging damaged? Did you order the shipping label, or did you just pay Boaphile for shipping and they bought the label? If Boaphile paid for the label then they have the contract with FedEx, so they have to have to start the claim process. Hopefully they insured it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-01-2021),GoingPostal (01-02-2021),kath_ (01-01-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Oh, that's just awful! I'm sure they're just closed for the holiday though, wait & see what they say- they should have sent this with insurance (& I would assume they did). I would NOT try to repair it*, you'll never be happy with it, & the heat panel (etc) might also be damaged, if Fedex plowed into this box hard enough to put a hole in the unit. *Unless they replace it without having you send it back? We'll cross that bridge once you come to it.
    Hi Boger! Always glad to see you around the forums.
    I know! I was so excited to get it set up for my girl. I'm thinking the same thing. We'll see what happens after I call on Monday. I'd much rather get a replacement than try and repair the broken one. Thanks so much for the helpful advice as always.
    0.1 Colombian boa (Tina)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kath_ For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-01-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Was the packaging damaged? Did you order the shipping label, or did you just pay Boaphile for shipping and they bought the label? If Boaphile paid for the label then they have the contract with FedEx, so they have to have to start the claim process. Hopefully they insured it.
    Oh shoot you're right. Thanks for reminding me, I totally forgot that whoever buys the label has to start the claim.
    Shipping price was included in the total cost so Boaphile paid for the label. I've heard great things about them so I'm assuming they'd do the responsible thing and insured it.
    0.1 Colombian boa (Tina)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts
    I'll bet anything that Fedex accidentally ran into your package with a pallet jack- probably a new, rushed & poorly trained employee that said nothing for fear of getting fired...DO save the packaging to show that's how it happened & wasn't something you did- as if you could or would. Hope you don't have too long to wait for replacement. I'm still waiting for a very slow package "in the mail" from the U.K.- something small, that's overdue. It's not been a good year for getting mail & packages on time.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

I worked at the Fedex Hub in Memphis for 4 years and if there's anything I learned, it's that it's incredible that anything makes it through the sort intact. Training is pretty minimal and most of the learning is done on-the-job, except for around the aircraft. I think that a lot of companies that ship Fedex rely on volume rather than good packaging in order to move their product.
    Damaging a package is not likely to get an employee fired, although it might earn them a reprimand.
    Last edited by Spicey; 01-01-2021 at 11:10 PM.
    "Something Clever"

1.0 Paradox Albino KSB - Spotticus
    0.1 Dutch Rabbit - Wendy

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spicey For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-01-2021),Sonny1318 (01-11-2021)

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about the damage. My AP cages arrived and the boxes looked ok but when I opened them the glass doors were shattered. Ally shipped me out a new set right away.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Jeff has been in business for a long time. He's sometimes not the quickest responder to messages but he's an honest guy.

I spoke to him over the phone years ago and liked his sense of humor and he was very helpful when I discussed cages with him.

I'm pretty confident you'll get the situation squared away.

Sorry to hear the story though. Getting new equipment is supposed to be fun and this sure puts a damper on it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

dakski (01-13-2021),Sonny1318 (01-11-2021)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Hope you get a brand new unit or your money back. I had a horrible experience with them. My Burm pushed the top of the back wall panel out like a junk entertainment center within a week of having it. I called, sent pics and spoke to the owner...he told me to “pvc glue it” as thats what they do... Long story short I bought more AP enclosures and I will never recommend Boaphile to anyone. 1/4” pvc for a enclosure is horrible for heat let alone durability and their pvc is like hard plastic and cracks into sharp pieces.. Vision cages and AP use 1/2” pvc and they are much more flexible. It was a expensive experience I had to learn but I will never try another enclosure manufacturer again... I have no problem waiting 3-5 months for something that lasts a lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-20-2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast