Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,873

2 members and 2,871 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Something Unexpected (image heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by FerruleFern View Post
    Well, you certainly have it more together than I do!! I’m still working on wading through all of the conflicting information I’ve found. Can I ask you how you insulated the sides and back? Did you find a pretty immediate difference in ambient temp? We are in a very cold climate and honestly, glass was the only availability and I just can’t spring for a fancy plastic vivarium at the moment (or for awhile). Any thoughts on styrofoam sheets (the 1” thick kind)? I am planning on making a cool background with spray foam, etc eventually so I’m thinking its something similar anyways and will also provide some insulation. Anyways, sorry to hijack your thread with my own question! Love your setup and congrats on a new very awesome pet!

Hello No problems I am still learning ask away.

I got Extra Large Marine Roll Closed Cell Neoprene Rubber with Adhesive at home depo. I noticed a little change in temp if I was you I would go with something better. I live in New Hampshire in an old house so it is super drafty in here. I keep blankets on her cage I plan on getting some thing else.

I would go with what Bogertophis is saying. The stuff I bough was cheap and easy to find in a pinch.

Ask away I learn from everyone else.

Thanks

Re: Something Unexpected (image heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by andeal View Post
    I love the set up! She's really lucky to have you.

One small suggestion: I've tried that exact same (fine coconut bark) substrate. I'd recommend going for something else a little less fine. The coconut powder, being a fine powder., can really get compacted in its nose or heat pits, or eaten while feeding. There are chunkier coconut substrates I'd personally feel better about.

Oh Did not know this. Is there a substrate you would recommend??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123