Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,950

3 members and 1,947 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Re: What is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing. I've assumed it's a mix of issues- pandemic & politics that have been distracting to many, & perhaps the slow-down of forums in general. I don't use other forms of social media either, & would prefer not to, so it's sad & a little confusing to me as well. This has been a good forum, IMO, & I don't want to see it die out. WHERE IS EVERYBODY? Hello out there??? I don't think it's just the holidays, as it's been getting quieter here for quite some time.

I do check here multiple times a day...if anyone has more ideas, let's hear 'em?
    Maybe we should all try and be a bit more proactive ??

Everyone check in a few times each day , reply to new threads promptly, start new threads etc etc

One of the busiest sections in RFUK is the Off Topic section .. .. Where we chat about something or nothing , some threads share jokes , talk about things that get us down/annoy us , or make us smile , there’s a popular boxing thread , tv series , movies etc etc .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-15-2020),mlededee (12-15-2020),richardhind1972 (01-20-2021)

Thanks

What is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugsplox View Post
    Great ideas all around. I can tell you one of the selling points to me once I got on here as a new user, was how friendly everyone was and the wealth of knowledge that I immediately had access to. We could really "sell" our forums based just on that I think. Another thought on rebranding, maybe we don't change the name, we just find a way to get the message out that BP.net isn't just about BPs. I mean the banner at the top says it all, "the friendliest online community for ALL your herping needs" not just BPs.

If we can get the message out that you can come on here to talk bearded dragons, geckos, boas, fish, mammals, etc etc, maybe we can bring a whole new group of users on.
    This ^^

Last edited by Zincubus; 12-15-2020 at 02:51 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-15-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We do not have a sister site.

I don't necessarily think that changing the name/URL of a well established, 17 year old forum is a great idea. Our slogan is "The friendliest online community for ALL your herping needs." I understand that it is clear that the focus appears to be ball pythons, and that is because it is. But we do also pride ourselves in providing information on all species, which is also pretty clear if you come and take a look around.

If were aren't BP.Net, then what would we be? We could do something like a second domain name that redirects to the same forum and tweak the graphics. But I am not sure we want to do a full rebrand.
    - Emily

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-15-2020),richardhind1972 (01-20-2021),Sonny1318 (12-16-2020),Toad37 (12-15-2020),WrongPython (12-15-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,794 Times in 11,828 Posts
    OK, somewhere (way back, something I read) I got the misinformation that the Corn Snakes forum was tied in with this one? My bad...

Agree with you about the forum name...that would add too much confusion. A second domain name with re-direct & a graphics tweak might be helpful though? (I have no idea what's involved with that, financially or otherwise, as to how feasible that would be.) We're just brain-storming here, your input is essential on this stuff, as to whether such changes would be helpful.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

WrongPython (12-15-2020)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think that the most important thing we can do right now is try to build up activity on the forum. Zincubus added some great ideas above. When there are less new posts, people do a quick scan and leave. If there is more to look at, people stick around and then add their own posts and content and things pick back up.

I want everyone to continue to feel free to add their ideas and brainstorming to this post. If we come together as a community, we can keep the community strong.
    - Emily

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-15-2020),WrongPython (12-15-2020)

Thanks

What about an app? I have the website quick saved to my phone home screen but people are all about apps nowadays. If that's financially feasible then you can do so many different things to the platform as well as keeping the actual website the way it is. I'm old school so I personally enjoy the actual website but an app might be something worth looking into.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,794 Times in 11,828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Toad37 View Post
    What about an app? I have the website quick saved to my phone home screen but people are all about apps nowadays. If that's financially feasible then you can do so many different things to the platform as well as keeping the actual website the way it is. I'm old school so I personally enjoy the actual website but an app might be something worth looking into.
    I'm "old school" too, but many would probably like that. Good idea.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Tapatalk is currently the best way to go if you prefer an app type feel for the forum.
    - Emily

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (12-15-2020)

Thanks

I only access this forum and RFUK via the TapaTalk app

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee View Post
    Tapatalk is currently the best way to go if you prefer an app type feel for the forum.
    You beat me to it

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast